water water water

Options

Replies

• kloco
    kloco Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I also read somewhere that it helps your muscles recover meaning you won't feel as sore.
  • 66MaryTatum
    Options
    Here is a tip to ensure you're getting 8-10 glasses of water each day. In the morning I fill a glass pitcher with 80 oz. of water for the whole day. So I always have cold water on hand and I know exactly how much more I need before the end of the day. I try to drink most of it before dinner. If I'm going out I just fill a water bottle to take it with me. I really love water..refreshing!
  • clodsb
    clodsb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    does it really help you lose weight or is it just to keep you peeing?

And it said if you pee a lot after drinking 8-12 cups a day your prob drinking too much, ie. you have water in a lot of the foods you eat, or you're just not used to it. increase intake by a cup every couple of days, till you pee at a normal rate whatever that means!! Everyones different Lol it's what it said
  • clodsb
    clodsb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I also read somewhere that it helps your muscles recover meaning you won't feel as sore.

Yeah that's right it said it is stored in your muscles so if you don't manage to push hard during a workout it's because your muscles need more water! Ha told you I did a lot of reading! ;)
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    have just managed to uptake 2 litres for the last 2 weeks, i had hangover feelings on monday but had nothing to drink, now i know thanks dont ever think i could manage 3 litres, so hopefully the 2 litres with plenty fruit and veg should be ok, interesting post thanks
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    and sorry also forgot to say ladies did not have any ToTM pains this month with drinking the extra water
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    COLD WATER!!!!!

your body expends calories warming up cold water before it can used in your body!!

BOOM!!!!!
  • ladycoy
    ladycoy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yay, so pleased everyones enjoyed and got something out of this post :-) today i drank 2 litres and found that each time i got to the bottom of the glas (about 500ml) i needed a pee, too much water? who knows, again tomorrow :-) looking forward to lovely clear skin, no TOTM pains and masses of weight loss :-) xx
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of water. Mainly to help avoid bloating from salty foods and to flush out toxins, but also to keep hydrated from all the exercise I do.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    your body requires water / proper hydration to function properly and optimally.

can't understand why this is a question.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Ok so, i need to drink 3 litres a day, i really wouldnt be able to cope i struggle at 1. i feel an experiment coming on, here goes, from tomorrow, i am gonna try drink 2litres a day, as a compromise, will report findings to this post :-)

enjoy the increased energy! :)

(seriously).
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    It cleared up my skin, that's for sure.

I was addicted to Diet Pepsi. You know those people that say "I gave up my {insert soda name here} and lost 20 pounds!"?? Yeah, I wasn't one of them. But I'm sure all the water I'm drinking now, instead of DP, is better for me so oh well.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    If you are peeing (and pooping), your body is flushing out "toxins" (whatever they are).

Drink enough water so your urine isn't dark yellow.

If you think you are hungry - try drinking a glass of water instead.

The 8 glasses a day thing isn't a strict rule - although it's close enough for most people. And any liquid counts, not just water. Yes, even coffee.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    DRINK ALL THE WATER!!!!
    It's Good for you.
    Just add some Water Enhancer ( My Fave is Crystal Light) and CHUG AWAY!!!!!
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    One litre for every 50lb of body weight is crazy -- that means I should be drinking SEVEN litres of water a day!

That is TWELVE pints of water a day!

No way can that be right!

Currently I drink about a pint overnight (I always wake with a dry mouth several times a night). About two pints of tea and about one pint of water or fruit infusion, so a total of four pints. I cannot see how I could triple that! I would be just peeing all day long - sure that would deplete me of my electrolytes?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Unless you were dehydrated in the first place...excess water just makes you pee a lot.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I read yesterday that drinking water burns calories. I'm ALWAYS looking for ways to burn more calories. I think it has to do with the number of times you have to get your tushie off the chair and run to the bathroom, but I'm just guessing.

http://voices.yahoo.com/6-weird-ways-burn-calories-11240014.html?cat=5
  • ladycoy
    ladycoy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I read yesterday that drinking water burns calories. I'm ALWAYS looking for ways to burn more calories. I think it has to do with the number of times you have to get your tushie off the chair and run to the bathroom, but I'm just guessing.

http://voices.yahoo.com/6-weird-ways-burn-calories-11240014.html?cat=5

I think you might be right!
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    One calorie is the amount of energy required to warm one gram of water one degree Celsius.

One liter (about 34 fluid ounces) of water is 1,000 g.

So if your water is at 4C, to raise 1 L to body temperature (37C) requires (37-4)*1,000 = 33,000 calories.

BUT! When talking about diet, we aren't really talking calories, we are talking kcal, or thousands of calories.

So that 33,000 cal = 33 kcal, or 33 of what you track here. 8 cups of 8 oz = 64 oz, or roughly 2 L.

So you may be burning 66 calories a day by drinking cold water. But I don't think that's worth logging!
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    This blog entry was mostly written about how to make drinking water (or other low-to-no calorie drinks) more palatable, but I also included links to research and medical sites: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Robin_Bin/view/water-265761