Trucker arms/"ARMPIT BOOBS" haha.

Options
Okay, so I can handle getting rid of the belly, and the thighs and maybe even the chin, but I need HELP getting rid of these dang fat blobs that stick out of the pits of my tank tops and my bathing suit.

Does anyone know any specific exercises to help with this?

Replies

• smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Burning fat will get rid of these, do lots of cardio. To further tone this area I would say you need to focus on pectorals (muscle on chest) and deltoids (muscle that caps the shoulder). Try chest fly and shoulder presses.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    There's one specific machine I use at my gym that works that area and I've noticed a big difference in mine! :) You've got the weight and you hold on with your arms out, elbows bent, hands up so it's an L shape. You hold onto bars and bring them in together so your hands are almost touching. I bet you could do it just as well with dumbbells!

Think of your form like a goal post. Keep your arms straight out on either side of you so your arms are parallel to the floor. Bend your elbows so your hands are facing up. Hold your dumbbells and bring your hands in front of your face to "touch". Repeat. Hope that makes sense! I lift 20 lbs right now but normally do dumbbell exercises with 5 lbs so try to get bigger weights if you can. I started the machine at 20 lbs, 2 reps of 20.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    That's the chest fly I think
  • CAworkout
    CAworkout Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I agree with focusing on burning fat in general. That "armpit fat" is one of my trouble areas. I still have a little bit, but way less than I used too. My experience is that it started to go away when I lost fat over my whole body. I tried for a long time to do specific muscle building exercises on that area, but I just got bigger muscles under the same old fat.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I never lost that fat when I lost weight the last couple times so I guess everyone's just different. The machine says bilateral chest press or something like that.
  • jdurham87
    jdurham87 Posts: 62
    Options
    That's your tricep! Look up some tricep exercises. I have that same problem and have lost a good bit so far, but I still can do the double wave :-(
  • jdurham87
    jdurham87 Posts: 62
    Options
    Or I may be misunderstanding. We talking about under the upper arm jigglies or front to the side of the boob jigglies? If it's the to the side of the boobs on the outside then you'll need to do chest exercises. Benching and the butterfly pec machine work well.