Am I ready for Insanity?

Options
I really want to try Insanity, but dont want to make the purchase right now if it will be too much, so I am seeking opinions from experienced Insanity completers on whether they think it would be worthwhile for me based on my current work outs. I can do all three levels of the 30 DS and I ordered a stand alone Insanity Fast & Furious with no problem. I mean, there is certainly room for improvement, but I was able to keep up and finish it. Also, I do a the biggest loser yoga workout 1-2 times a week and an occasional P90x workout as well. TIA for any insight!

Replies

• mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    If you can handle F&F no problem, then I'd say go for it. Month 1 is more of the same thing, over about 45 min. each day and month 2 is closer to 60 min. Just remember that you won't be able to keep up with the people in the videos, especially in the beginning. If you're doing it right, you'll be on the floor after each workout, but you'll feel good about it.
  • mdizzle99
    mdizzle99 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I really want to try Insanity...

That is all I need to read to know you are ready. Strong desire and determination are required to complete the program, and if you've got that, you're good to go!
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Insanity appears intimidating, but if you have that "push" inside of you, you will do fine.
    It's fast paced, balls to the wall, but your body will adjust fairly quickly........and by time your body does adjust, they ramp it up with Round 2.

If you take the time to make sure your form is right, take breaks as needed, and build into the speed, you'll be just fine.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Dooo it! =) I loved Insanity! I didn't get to finish it because I moved.. but I would love to buy a copy for myself. I did it every day.. you don't have to go nearly as hard as they do on tv. just try. You can do the entire course of it, then do it all again. The more fit you get the longer you'll do it. It is one of those work outs that you can just keep going with. =)
  • wolfcounty
    Options
    hell yeah! my best results were from insanity and if you can handle fast and furious you should be fine. its a killer, but that's kinda the point!