Am I eating the right amount of calories?

Options
MFP says I should be eating 1610 calories each day. I am working out at a great pace two days a week (cardio classes - so fun yet so sweaty!) and I try to get another 2-3 days in there with basic cardio (tapes, walking, etc.) but that isn't always the case.

Regardless, am I eating the right amount of calories?? (I'm 5'5" and 257 lbs.) I just want to be sure since I'm not always hitting my gym days as I would like to and I don't want to overconsume on those days. And yes, I know - I'm working on making exercise more of a priority but it's a process. :)

Any advice is appreciated!

Replies

• Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ says your BMR is 1923, TDEE is around 2644 and to lose 1lb a week you should eat 2115.
    I know that you can eat less than that due to what you weigh now but most people will tell you to stay above BMR x
  • pandia17
    Options
    OK, well I guess I'll stick with 1610. (And I know I go over that cal count here and there.) The trainer that I had a few sessions with recently told me to stay around 1500 - 1600. I'm not as active as I'd like to be right now (consistently) so I guess I'll stay here unless things change!