I feel a binge coming on...

Options
2»

Replies

• marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    if you're exercising, and your bmr is 1900, 1400 probably isn't enough - hence the desire to binge.

side note. you are female. there are two times when I feel like I can't get enough to eat. after an intense long workout or run and my body is screaming feed me more! OR just before I get my period., in which case my hormones are screaming feed me everything! ;)
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    you said you've been at it about a month. Hopefully not TMI, but I get major binge urges about a week to a few days before my period. My hormones go crazy, I get depressed and angry etc etc.

Just a thought. I up my cals a little so I don't "feel deprived" :)
  • hannah_ryann
    hannah_ryann Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    If you BMR is 1900 that's the minimum you should be eating per day. You probably aren't eating enough.

I'm scared to eat more, honestly. That sounds stupid, I know... I just can't wrap my head around the number. I know I was eating WAYYY more than that to get to 190 lbs at 5'3, but now that I'm eating a lot better, I'm scared I'll use the calories for the old foods.

Foolish thoughts.. Yes.
  • hannah_ryann
    hannah_ryann Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    All of you have GREAT suggestions!!!!

I'm the kind of person who throws myself whole-heartedly into something and then burns out.. I so don't want that to happen here. I'm going to do some research, go to the grocery tonight and look at getting more protein-based foods, as well as finding veggies that will appeal to me.

I'd like to bring a big, fresh salad every day to lunch... random thought but since someone mentioned upping my veggie intake. I need to get a bigger lunch box, the one I have now is so small I can't fit anything into it except a couple of cans.

Gosh, I love all your suggestions. I'm typing a note into my iphone right now to remind myself of all this wonderful advice! :)