Eating out on V-day?

Options
I've been doing so well! But, I will most likely be going out to eat on Valentine's Day, and I know the calories are often out of this world crazy. Not to mention full of sodium, sugar, and all the other bad things. I know I'll have water to drink, but I gotta say, I really want a fatty steak and mashed potatoes! I really really want to go to Outback and have a steak with their lobster and mushroom sauce on it. I haven't looked up the calories yet, but I'll bet it is close to my daily max...Is it okay to have terrible days, if I give it a good exercise and promise not to do it until the next special occasion? What are you all's plans to eat that night?

Replies

• 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    You didn't get fat in a day and you won't get skinny in a day, and eating out on one day won't ruin your progress.

It's what you do on all the other days that determines whether you succeed.

If you have to go out on Valentine's Day, at least make the meal a good one.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Its a holiday, go out to eat and enjoy it.

Though I don't know how much I'd want to get down to sexytime after steak, mashed potatoes, and lobster sauce.
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Sure...if the timing was right
  • moontyrant
    moontyrant Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i'm eating pizza and soda, followed by brownies with ice cream and whipped cream.
    just eat out. it's a special day. skip lunch if it makes you feel better.
  • TiffCK
    TiffCK Posts: 37
    Options
    Thanks everyone, that makes me feel better. And lol @ Vpetryshyn...I hadn't thought about that! Perhaps we will have "sexytime" before dinner, and if it works out after dinner, too, then great! :)
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

How is 8pm?
    :flowerforyou:
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    <--- severely disappointed w/ the content in the OP
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

Though I don't know how much I'd want to get down to sexytime after steak, mashed potatoes, and lobster sauce.
    Are you kidding? That's like man ambrosia. My husband would maul me if I smelled like that.
  • mattagascar
    Options

How is 8pm?

I'll be there at 7:30
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    You forgot the word "ME"
  • kramalicious
    Options
    Enjoy it! You can make some good choices, and pick some "guilty pleasures" . Celebrate that you have someone to celebrate with! Then get back to it the day
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    false advertising.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES! Load up on water and vegetables and enjoy your steak!
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    I intend to eat at the Y on Valentines day. They are supposed to have the bestest tacos there
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

Are you kidding? That's like man ambrosia. My husband would maul me if I smelled like that.

Well sure, wearing bacon lingerie >>>>> eating a pound of bacon and then trying to put on lingerie
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

How is 8pm?

pre-gaming?
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Just enjoy it, you can watch your calories the next day. :)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Who wouldnt want to have smexy time after dinner! Thats like the best time drunk on wine and food the endorphins in your body! Hello big OOOOOOOOOOOOOO city!

LOL, reminds me of that Will Ferrel skit where he and his lover would be drunk on duck fat and roasted goat meat.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    If you don't give yourself "permission" every now and then to have a special meal, that's when you totally give up if you have a bad day because you have been too strict. You'll appreciate your successes more when you know you can enjoy a special day without thinking you've failed. Enjoy it with a smile!
  • mattagascar
    Options

How is 8pm?

pre-gaming?

Got to light the candles n err'thing