What is the deal with Dr. Oz?

Options
What is the deal with Dr. Oz?

I've heard of him for a while, knew he had a tv show, thought of him as a doctor with some holistic tendencies, for some reason.

Then I started getting these 'sponsored' ads on my facebook page, which say things like, "Dr Oz says lose 27 pounds in three weeks with this one trick!" or "number one diet product, says Dr. Oz!" - I saw a clip online where he was hawking Raspberry Ketones and it made a reference to something on his website, so I did a search for that topic and "Dr. Oz", and what I came up with on his page were what looked like dozens of endorsements of different diets, weight loss products, etc.

Now, I'm wondering - is he really just a quack? There to endorse fat burning products more than anything else? The clip I saw was practically an infomercial.

Insight?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Walking+Duck+Doctor.gif
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    He's a heart surgeon who found out that he could make a ton more money by peddling bullsh!t weight loss gimmicks.
    It's a great business to be in. Lots of respect for him as a businessman; lots of disrespect for the poor saps who follow him.
  • aminer31
    aminer31 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I actually do not watch his show but I did see him on some news special this year and he said he endorses Nothing and if you see his name attached to something it is Not him. I think if he even mentions something it gets blown up into the new weight loss miracle.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Walking+Duck+Doctor.gif

This.
  • marshalg47
    Options
    I am getting the same ads I did try that African Mango thank God it was just to pay shipping which was only a couple of bucks WASTE OF MONEY even just the shipping
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I actually do not watch his show but I did see him on some news special this year and he said he endorses Nothing and if you see his name attached to something it is Not him. I think if he even mentions something it gets blown up into the new weight loss miracle.

He must sleep through his own shows. Most of them read like "OMG this thing/diet is awesome and will make you lose weight with almost no work!!!11!!1"
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I find his shows to be mostly commercials for something else he endorses. I wish he had just stayed a surgeon.
  • dallas4u
    Options
    Dr. Oz has said multiple times that unless it comes directly out of his mouth or posted from him on his site - he does not endorse it. He has also stated that many products on internet advertisements says he endorses products, which he does not. The same types of things happen with financial products that claim Dave Ramsey or Suze Orman endorse them.

I am done with buying gimmick product anyways. I am just sticking to food, vitamins, water, and exercise. No more magic diet pills or potions for me. SCAMS!!!

I like Dr. Oz btw.
  • jaxsie29
    Options
    if he is soooo good then why is his daughter needing to loose a few pounds
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    He IS a quack!
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Wonderful free app to block browser ads: http://http://adblockplus.org/ and to keep other sites from using your cookies to track you: www.donottrack.me/.

Works on PC or Mac.

As to Oz, Mercola, they just found a way to make more as has been said. There is a lot of great info for health and weight loss on Mayo Clinic's site.

Good Hunting!