Logging food

Options
Do you log it as you go or plan ahead and put it all in at once?

Replies

• foxyninja398
    foxyninja398 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I log as I go.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    As I go. Oh. Wait. I don't log food any more. But in the past when I was actively losing, it didn't work for me to pre-log. I always changed my mind later. :laugh:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    All of the above - breakfast usually gets logged after I eat it, same with lunch. I like to pre log dinner if I know what I'm having, because then it helps me fill in the gaps with snacks during the day - more protein if needed, skip the Nutella if dinner is calorie heavy or whatever.
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I pre-log, either the night before or in the morning. I'll adjust as the day goes on, but it gives me a good idea of where I'm sitting on what I've planned to eat.
  • Dianescraps
    Options
    I log as I go
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I try to plan most days, but its not my priority. Usually I plan Monday-Friday and the weekends, since I go out alot, just whatever comes up! :D
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    i make the next days lunch the night before, and log that and breakfast. I also log dinner if I know what i'm having, and a coffee and glass or two of wine as I know I'll have that. The rest is as I go and I never log right up just in case there are incidentals
  • ConleighS
    ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I've done it both ways... doing it ahead/planning your day can help keep you on target.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    log the night before/morning so I have an idea of what space to wiggle I have... usually not much! Remember to log even the smallest things - teaspoon of sugar, teaspoon of oil when cooking - it all adds up!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Pre-log during the week as I know what breakfast and lunch is and decide dinner sometime in the afternoon.

Weekends I do my best to log it before I eat it, to avoid nasty surprises.
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I log breakfast after I eat it because I change my mind about what I really want to eat. I log lunch and dinner as I am cooking it or deciding what to eat. If I have leftovers from dinner, I will log it for lunch. Either way is fine as long as you log it.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I per-log basics and full I extras throughout the day.

Like for lunch I may prelog the tuna wrap, but decide at lunch what I want with it... Apple or carrots or almonds.. And that add to my log after I eat lunch.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I always plan the night before for the entire following day, keeps me from making decisions last minute that might kick me off my plan.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I do a little bit of both. Earlier in the day I log as I go. Towards the end, I pre-log so I can figure out how much I can eat of whatever it is that I'm making or want and adjust as needed.
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I pre-log the night before. Things always change a little (one protein for another and so on), but it helps me keep the macros balanced across each meal. I have insulin resistance and have to watch the glycemic load of each meal.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Lots of pre-loggers out there.I am as well.It keeps me honest
  • bailuna
    Options
    During the weekdays, when I work, I generally pre-log at the beginning of my day while I have breakfast at my desk. It helps me plan, and if I have a set plan when I go home, then I'm not likely to stray away from it.

On the weekends, I tend to log as I go.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Both. I try to log as much as I can ahead of time, especially during the week when I pack my lunch/snacks in the morning and already have dinner planned - but I try to leave a little wiggle room for an impromptu change in plans for dinner or an evening snack or something. Other than that, I log as I go.