Hi!

Options
Hey everybody! I started this a little over a week ago and I'm still learning how to use the site! I like what I am finding so far, for sure. I am getting married June 18th in Costa Rica and I want to drop some weight to feel more comfortable in my own body before my big day! I hadn't been eating healthy AT ALL and was feeling sluggish and lazy...plus my clothes were feeling too tight and I just wasn't comfortable. Already I'm starting to feel better! Everyone's stories and posts are very inspiring and it gives me hope that I can reach my goal.

Also, I was curious how many minutes/day of cardio people are doing? (I prefer ellipticals) And how many days a week?

Any tips on food/exercise are greatly appreciated!

Glad to be here!

~Shanna

Replies

• amycrisp
    amycrisp Posts: 1
    Options
    I am new as of today!! I just need the accountability...FOR SURE!!! I went on a 3.1 mile walk and NOW feel like I can do the 5k's that I did last year. I fell off the wagon so bad before the holidays and NEVER got back in the "groove". So, here I am hoping to drop enough to feel "OK" for swimsuit season!!

As far as how long I would go on the eliptical...I did 45 minutes/3 - 4 times a week and did the weight loss option...it does different levels to keep your heart rate up. Just a suggestion...

~Amy
  • durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck Shanna :)

- Dustin
  • aionsnow
    aionsnow Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck!!
  • shanna618
    shanna618 Posts: 21
    Options
    wow i can't believe how quickly people respond! thanks!:smile:
  • mollyelliott
    mollyelliott Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i do about an hr of cardio a day 4-5 days a week. 2-3 days i throw in some weight training. i break up my cardio between elliptical and treadmill.. somedays i do an hr elliptical, some times 45 elliptical and a 15 min run, and vice versa just to keep things interesting. congratulations on the impending wedding. im sure youll look radiant!
  • NewMe36
    NewMe36 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I just started today. I'm really excited about getting my health back on track. It's encouraging to read other peoples success stories. I hope to have my own in a couple of days.

I'm determined to wear shorts this summer! :)
  • smilogirl
    smilogirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm new too... so I'll just welcome you!