Paleo Recipes

Options
torie079
torie079 Posts: 179 Member
Me and my husband want to try this approach to eating...what are some good recipes?

Replies

• Shredded Buffalo (sauce) Chicken in the crock pot

4 boneless skinless chicken breast
    1 bottle of Franks Buffalo Sauce
    1 Packet Hidden Valley Ranch Powder
    2 Tablespoons Butter

Throw the (frozen or thawed) chicken breast in the crock pot, top with 3/4 bottle of franks buffalo wing sauce, add packet of ranch powder. Cook on low for 6 hours. After 6 hours, shred chicken with two forks, add butter, stir, cover and cook for another hour to let the chicken soak up the sauce.

Serve however In a hoagie, on top of salad, in your eggs, as a taco...the sky is the limit people!

I served ours (because I had a lot of calories left to eat today) on a hoagie, with some shredded mozzarella and spinach! AND

Zucchini Tots
    yields: 12 mini muffins

1 cups zucchini, grated
    1 egg
    1/4 yellow onion, diced
    1/4 cup cheese (cheddar or Parmesan work the best)
    1/4 cup bread crumbs - I used Italian style
    Salt and Pepper

1. Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a mini-muffin tin with non-stick spray, set aside.
    2. Grate the zucchini and then place in a dish towel to squeeze out the excess water- like when using frozen spinach; if you skip this part, the middle of the zucchini tots will be really soggy while the outside gets crispy and no one wants that.
    3. In a bowl combine, the egg, onion, cheese, bread crumbs, zucchini, salt and pepper.
    4. Using a spoon or a cookie scoop, fill the muffin cups to the top. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the top is browned and set.

27 calories
    2 carbs
    1 fat
    2 protein
    0 fibre
    0 sugar