sorry for the loss of ur baby :(
  • HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Thinking of your family's loss :heart:
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Im sorry for your loss. Sometimes the kindest, gentlest thing we can do for our pets is put an end to their suffering. Know that he will be waiting for you, when you get where you're going. The pain of loss will subside, but the pawprints on your heart will never fade away.

"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... "

Author unknown...

:heart:

I've read this before but I really needed it today. Thank you for sharing that.
  • bitxbit
    bitxbit Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    My heart aches for your loss. Prayers for you comfort and peace.:flowerforyou:
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    So, so sorry to hear this. There is nothing quite like the love of a dog.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I totally know this feeling. Back in 2011 we had to put down two dogs I grew up with since I was a very little girl.. They were like family, but were suffering. I cried like a baby for 2 days... Felt better knowing they both left together :brokenheart: :brokenheart:
    Sorry for your loss.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss - I know how hard it is to say goodbye to such a loyal friend.
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear this, loosing a family member is so hard.
  • MelMel7j
    Options
    What a hard day for you. I had to do that a few years ago and it broke my heart. She was a mini-schnauzer and 15 yo. I miss her every day. {{{hugs}}} for you and your family
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart:
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    sad-i-know-that-feel-bro_3969556_lrg.jpg

sorry to hear.
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear that. I have done that before and it is so hard. Our pets are family and we miss them so much. Everyone of them had their own personality and there is something I miss about everyone of them. Time will heal but right now the grieving is very painful..
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    That sucks. As a huge animal lover the loss of my Animals have been hard thing to deal with. I'm sure you & your family have awesome memories of him to help with the loss.
  • entropy83
    entropy83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My condolences:cry: I can't imagine losing my fur baby
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry. I've had to assist 4 dogs, 2 cats and a horse on their final journey and it has truly sucked each and every time. Knowing that you're doing the right thing doesn't make it any easier. Take care.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. In the span of two years, my fiance lost his two cats. One got sick suddenly and try as we might, we couldn't get her stable and had to put her to sleep when she went catatonic. Her companion, who survived cancer at age 2, started getting skinny and by the end of last year, despite me assist-feeding her and doing everything I can to help her gain weight, it was apparent that she was very sick and her body wasn't fighting it well. She went peacefully in her sleep.

Just remember that you had 10 great years with your friend and he had 10 great years with you.
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I feel so sad for you. Like a lot of people on here, have had to make that choice, too.
    My beautiful seemingly healthy dog went in for routine dental cleaning. A blood test is done as a precaution before any procedure that requires anaesthetic. We got a call to say there were serious kidney problems, then further tests showed our precious pet was born with only one kidney and she was going into kidney failure. We were in total disbelief, but days later it became apparent that she was in distress so we did what I consider our " final act of love" for her. We brought her back to her home and she is buried in our yard in a place she liked to lay in the sun. I still cry when I think of her, she was only 7 years old and we had rescued her from a pound. Her previous owners had been very cruel to her. At least she got to know what love and kindness was, in the 5 years we had with her. Her name was Tilly ( Matilda.) An Australian black and tan Kelpie.
    You have also done the kindest most loving thing you could do for your pet, and there is no more suffering. Bless you.
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss, it's a hard day when you have to say goodbye to a friend. I have had to make that decision so many times, and its never, ever easy.
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    So we had to decide to put my dog to sleep. He was a 10 year old English Bulldog. We found out he had cancer so it all happened quickly. He was first dog and it was increadibly difficult! Just had to vent!

Here is something that you might like to rwad. I think it is beautiful and I hope it helps you in your loss. Sandy.

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/petsheav.htm
  • shortchange1
    shortchange1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry that you are going through this. Just remember how much your dog enriched your life...and how much you enriched your dogs' life.

The pain lessens in time, but I empathize with the heartache you have right now.:brokenheart: