Tell me your secret....

Options
dmmarie21
dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
Ok, this is going to probably sound really dumb, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out!

Have you ever met someone who smells SO good?! I mean, not doused in cologne good, but, freshly laundered good! I LOVE that smell, and no matter WHAT I do, I can never achieve it!

Actually, I just want my towels to smell like that. No matter how much detergent or fabric softner I use, after my clothes are folded, they NEVER smell like what it does in the bottle. I use tide and downy lavender fabric softner (the liquid AND the dryer sheets). I just don't know what I am doing wrong!

So, if anyone else has this problem, or knows a solution, please let me in on it! Or, if I am a complete idiot that doesn't know how to do laundry, well, I guess that works too! haha.

Replies

• TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    This is cute. :)

My husband seems to achieve that even after a long day of working outside.

Me? I put my favorite essential oils in my brush with a dropper, and then use it. It works for me, and makes my hair shiny. :)
  • bolsen21
    bolsen21 Posts: 22
    Options
    i stick dryer sheets in my drawers and between the clothes hanging in the closet
  • wettak
    wettak Posts: 16
    Options
    I keep a bowl of soap shavings in my linen closet!
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    COOL, finally somebody else out there who admits they love that smell too! I put Downey dryer sheets in my pillow cases at least every 3 days....they smell so fresh, clean and good when I crawl in to bed at night. I love that. It's so soothing. Even my husband likes it! I also wash all my workout clothes by hand (so they keep their color and new look) I wash them in the sink in Tide with Downey April fresh in it. Then I rinse them in Downey April fresh and lay them out to dry. When I go to the gym, people always say they can smell my fresh clean clothes......Love it! As for your towels, In addition to adding your softner in that little thingy, I guess you could stand over your washer like a hawk and wait for the final rinse, then pour it directly in. That should work
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Ahhh! Those are such good ideas! I will def be trying them. Thanks so much !
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My sister-in-law gave me this idea and it does work. Use powdered detergent to wash your sheets and towels. For some reason it makes them fresher than liquid.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    dried lavender in my linen closet (if you like the scent of real lavender). :D
  • leelu
    leelu Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Try and think of it this way ... if there is still the smell of laundry product in your washing - it hasnt rinsed out very well and that means its prob not really as clean as your clothes that get washed and rinsed so well there is nothing sticking behind to smell
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I'm told that I have a clean, snuggly, shampoo and clean clothes smell.

Shampoo, soap, some vanilla oil, and scent-free laundry stuff. *shrug*
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    You want that fresh clean smell? Calgon makes a body spray and lotion called Morning Glory. It's the most Heavenly smell in the world. I get more compliments on my $6 body spray from Calgon than I do and fancy, expensive perfume. More than once I've been told that I smell like I just got out of a shower. It's so light and airy, not at all perfumy.

I sometimes spray it on a piece of cloth and put it in my linen closet. :wink:
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    Got a new one for ya.....try the new Tide Sport. It really smells good! I like it very much and am switching to that one instead of Tide with Downey. Lisa
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm really surprised no one has said this yet...I use GAIN (original scent) for HE washer, and then Bounce dryer sheets. Even clothes that have been in drawers or closets for a week smell fresh from the dryer. I know, I sound like one of the commercials, but I'm addicted to the scent. Actually talked about coming up with a fragrance line for awhile to bottle that scent...lol