No late night snacking challenge continues (short week) Marc

Options
This challenge is for those of us who seem to be prone to tossing out the diet and going crazy with junk food in the evening hours. The goal is to set a cut off time, preferably 2hrs before bed. If snacking is a must we encourage a piece of fruit, a cup of herbal tea or something nutritious of your choosing.

Its pretty wide open really, as we like to encourage people to meet their late night snackin and other healthy life style goals.

I'm calling this a short week because several of us want to begin anew with April since it'll be the first of the month.

Best to all:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Replies

• mollyelliott
    mollyelliott Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    good luck to you all.. luckily for me.. i only eat at night lol (since i work nights) but it seems like being up all night makes me crave starburst and potato chips!
  • rosemary10
    rosemary10 Posts: 253
    Options
    Sorry the whole title didn't come thru. It's March 29th thru April 1st:blushing:
  • durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I've all ready lost before i ever started but its a great goal :)
  • rosemary10
    Options
    I hear ya Mollyelliott I work night shift too and I had to make a rule to eat my own good food before I ate junk, or McDonalds or the other food that other people bring in to share. I had gained about 50 lbs just from working a lot and going downstairs to McDonalds all the time for a "break". So this is going much better for me now:wink:
  • rosemary10
    Options
    I'm afraid I've all ready lost before i ever started but its a great goal :)

Each day is a new day. I love it that MFP begins all over every day. I really need that sometimes:laugh:
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    good luck to you all.. luckily for me.. i only eat at night lol (since i work nights) but it seems like being up all night makes me crave starburst and potato chips!

lol I thought it was just me
    I used to work midnight - 8am and I'd eat Tropical Starbursts all the time at work.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Hi. Found ya.

Success for me last night. Cut off was 7:30, stopped at 7. Had a tomato at 9, but I can handle the 20 calories :)
  • rosemary10
    Options
    If any one wants to join us we are moving to " No late night "junk"snacking March 29- April 4". Most people are used to seeing the whole date.

If any body can help me out and post THE LINK that would be great:heart:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    I let my father-in-law get to me last night and kept eating when I should have stopped. So I am 1/2. But I am looking forward to April as I am going to make it my goal to do no late night eating past my goal until my Anniversary on April 20th. Who knows? After 20 days, I may have actually created a habit :)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/88959-no-late-night-junk-snacking-march-29-april-4

Sorry Rosemary. I had posted this before I read that you had posted one. Great minds think alike :)