High Potassium Foods?

Options
At the end of my day I"m always really low in Potassium according to my daily summary. Besides Bananas what would be some foods low in cals and high in potassium?

Replies

• trkumm
    trkumm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Baked potato with skin.
    Tomato juice
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Spinach
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Potassium is not required on labels, so many entries are missing that nutrient.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Depending on how you define "low in cals", sweet potato and banana are very high in potassium
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Basically anything healthy that is not just fat has a lot of potassium.
  • Tdacks
    Tdacks Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Friend me and check out my food diary. One of my priorities is to eat foods high in potassium. Most people don't care/track anything but carbs, fat, and protein. So oftentimes foods in the database don't list all nutrients, even though the food contains it. I almost always cross-check with the nutritiondata.com database.

My regulars are:

Kale (and other leafy greens)
    Chicken (and most other meats)
    Pomegranate (juice is good, but everyone should dismantle a pom fruit once just for the sheer joy of it)
    Coffee (both decaf and regular)
    Chamomile Tea
    Potatoes (OMG potatoes so much potassium!)

If you are having a really hard time getting enough potassium after all of that, or don't like those things, you can also get Lite Salt (half potassium/half sodium salt).
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Baked potato with skin.
    Tomato juice
    ^^THIS
    My fave is low sodium V8 juice; 8 oz is 50 cals with 840-900mg of potassium.