Hands up if your here due to a snoring partner

Options
SereneRose
SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
I swear i'm going to kill him and plead temporary insanity I think I may just get away with it.

It's 4am and i'm awake because he is snoring the place down leaving me wondering if I could get away with it because I feel it coming on.

Honestly we watched the latest Walking Dead tonight and as much as I love zombie shows (I really do I seek them out) they give me nightmares and because I believe that it will one day happen and I sometimes plan my exit strategy if it came to it his snoring is making me feel as if he is attracting the walkers to come and eat us. I kid you not I seriously awoke from a nightmare about this to his snoring and freaked out a little and now can't sleep and he's still snoring!

Now about that insanity plea. . . . :smokin:

Replies

• crazysexykoo
    crazysexykoo Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hands AND feet raised!! grrrr! :)
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I guess I'll be dead soon with my sleep apnea
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    It's kind of funny that your name is SERENE rose, lol.

Have you tried ear plugs?
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Sitting on mfp message boards because it hubs night off and normally I have my big old bed to myself with no noise, not so on Mondays I get very little sleep until he gets up at 4am then I will sleep soundly til gym time..... I will testify for you at the trial :)
  • packratpatty
    packratpatty Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    So, all this time I thought sleep apnea killed a person in a different way. I didn't think your bed partner did the killing!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    My husband snores like crazy, but I can sleep through a nuclear explosion, so as long as he's not snoring while I'm trying to fall asleep, it's no big deal.
  • SereneRose
    Options
    Ooh I got a witness already i'm that much closer to sweet victory. (said as pillow held above his head) :laugh:
    I give anything for ear plugs right now i'm just lying here kicking him contemplating going to work early so I can get an Asda shop in.

Help :sad:
  • AndiJoy812
    Options
    I finally got my husband to do a sleep study, and his sleep apnea was much worse that he thought. I think he thought I was just being *****y...but the man snored sooooo loudly when he inhaled AND exhaled. There were nights I would have gladly killed him...but I kinda like having him around when he is awake. When he had the study done, the sleep tech said he was the loudest man he had ever heard...and nicknamed him the "Seattle Special" - told him he was louder than a freight train. Finally, he accepted the fact that he snored and started using a C-PAP. The first two weeks, he was exhausted...I think it is because he finally got good, healthy sleep and his body had to adjust. He also dropped 30 lbs without trying in about three months. He became a new man during the day...could stay awake, whereas before he would.d fall asleep as soon as he sat down, and also behind the wheel...scary stuff. The C-PAP has improved his health, and it probably saved our marriage - lol!
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    My husband snores like crazy, but I can sleep through a nuclear explosion, so as long as he's not snoring while I'm trying to fall asleep, it's no big deal.

Perfect match! Haha :laugh:
  • gfiorine
    gfiorine Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I finally got my husband to do a sleep study, and his sleep apnea was much worse that he thought. I think he thought I was just being *****y...but the man snored sooooo loudly when he inhaled AND exhaled. There were nights I would have gladly killed him...but I kinda like having him around when he is awake. When he had the study done, the sleep tech said he was the loudest man he had ever heard...and nicknamed him the "Seattle Special" - told him he was louder than a freight train. Finally, he accepted the fact that he snored and started using a C-PAP. The first two weeks, he was exhausted...I think it is because he finally got good, healthy sleep and his body had to adjust. He also dropped 30 lbs without trying in about three months. He became a new man during the day...could stay awake, whereas before he would.d fall asleep as soon as he sat down, and also behind the wheel...scary stuff. The C-PAP has improved his health, and it probably saved our marriage - lol!
    I got diagnosed too...I wasn't a big snorer, except when I had been drinking alcohol, however, turns out this stuff is real and it really helped being on the CPAP machine. I realized the constant interruption of my sleep prevented me not only from going into deep sleep, but also from dreaming. The first weeks I was on the machine, I was dreaming every single night. If you have a snoring problem, I would definitely get it checked out. Sleep apnea is dangerous and if the not breathing doesn't kill you, it causes all types of other problems with your heart and immunity systems. I'm definitely glad I got checked out
  • SereneRose
    Options
    Still awake, watched a few youtube videos to pass the time and will now try to get at least an hour in (tho unlikely)
    Good luck to my fellow sufferers ;)
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I was the snoring partner, I lost 60lbs and since then I don;t snore.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I swear i'm going to kill him and plead temporary insanity I think I may just get away with it.

It's 4am and i'm awake because he is snoring the place down leaving me wondering if I could get away with it because I feel it coming on.

Honestly we watched the latest Walking Dead tonight and as much as I love zombie shows (I really do I seek them out) they give me nightmares and because I believe that it will one day happen and I sometimes plan my exit strategy if it came to it his snoring is making me feel as if he is attracting the walkers to come and eat us. I kid you not I seriously awoke from a nightmare about this to his snoring and freaked out a little and now can't sleep and he's still snoring!

Now about that insanity plea. . . . :smokin:

Bad idea writing about it beforehand then....insanity plea will probably go out the window.
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    If you think about it in a positive light - He could serve as an awesome zombie distraction whilst you escape! Nothing says 'live meat' like a good snore.

mmMMMmm bRAiNs (I love Plants vs Zombies)
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is loud too. I always wake up at 2:00, shortly after he falls asleep, and move into the spare bedroom until I get up at 7:00. It's very rare I spend an entire night in our bed. I hate not sleeping with him, but it's better than being tired/cranky all day.
  • Wen37
    Wen37 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My hubby snores too. I'm a very light sleeper. I can hear everything. Hubs says I have bat ears. Any how, he tried that mouth peice thing that supposed to help you stop snoring. It has helped with the snoring but now he breaths heavy. Sounds like I'm sleeping with Dark Vader. I have too plotted his death by pillow suffication many many times :devil:
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    My hubby snores too. I'm a very light sleeper. I can hear everything. Hubs says I have bat ears. Any how, he tried that mouth peice thing that supposed to help you stop snoring. It has helped with the snoring but now he breaths heavy. Sounds like I'm sleeping with Dark Vader. I have too plotted his death by pillow suffication many many times :devil:

LOL! My hubby also snores but will NOT wear a mouth piece or do a sleep study. He says it's my problem if I can't sleep. Gee, thanks a lot. I've also plotted my hubby's death!
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have ear plugs and have been going to bed before my husband, then 2 or 3 hours later he comes in and i wake up because the bed moves all around and I'm a sensitive sleeper. so before I know it he rolls over and snores right in my ear. I often wake up and go to the couch to sleep because I haven't had a good nights sleep since about a year before we got married, its awful. He goes between snoring and deep breathing and it drives me insane.
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options

^^ I'm not entirely sure if mine snores or not since he usually falls asleep after I do and wakes up before I do. Oddly enough, when my kids were small, if they cried, I'd wake up. Nothing else really does that, though.
  • SereneRose
    Options
    If you think about it in a positive light - He could serve as an awesome zombie distraction whilst you escape! Nothing says 'live meat' like a good snore.

mmMMMmm bRAiNs (I love Plants vs Zombies)
    Hahaha trust me when the zombie apocalypse goes down he will definitely be zombie fodder.
    He already knows it that's why he sleeps closest to the bedroom door and I the window for a quick getaway. :laugh: