• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    $$$ Money $$$
    I'm always saving for a rainy day...
  • catinhounstooth
    Options
    Cards and letters.
    I'm pretty sure I have every single birthday card, Christmas card, and thank-you note I've received since the age of 12.

I recently found out that this is not normal.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    Books and more books. Food (non-perishable). Things I've been given. Things I've had for a long time. New things. Useful things. Things that once were useful or might become useful. Sentimental things. Things related to memories. Things in general.

It's something I always have to be vigilant about. I make myself go round the house every week collecting things to throw away. I'm pretty sure that I have the psychological makeup to become a hoarder if I let myself go.

CheriLMT, I sympathise. I wish I'd kept more of things from my mother, especially letters.
  • Raerae1993
    Raerae1993 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    old school work and projects for some reason i try to keep most all of it so i can remember my accomplishments and proud moments while i was growing up. Same with photographs. NEVER deleting or throwing them out, even if they are painful.
  • Harlequin16
    Harlequin16 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    plane tickets o.o
    not really sure why haha
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I don't hoard in real life, but if I play Skyrim or other RPGs, I hoard and loot like crazy! I want to take all of the things!

I'm like this...I hoard in games. I've been playing Plants vs Zombies and I'm hoarding coins. Any game I can hoard items in, I do. It is kind of why I like playing Secret of Mana because you CAN'T hoard items.

I am not much for hoarding items, but I moved to Japan so now I've found myself hoarding food because you never know when the commissary is going to run out of things. I have been stocking up on peanut butter and pb 2, canned foods and non perishables, spices, especially cinnamon, bread, etc. It will also come in handy when typhoon season comes around because we'll be prepared and won't have to worry about the mad rush.
  • Lobster1987
    Lobster1987 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    bodies
  • 1kerriberri
    Options
    Books. In my wardrobe. In the spare room. In boxes in the garage. In the hallway. In my locker at work. Under my bed. In boxes in my room. Hey, if the library ever burns to the ground, or explodes or washes away, I am gonna have something to read lol
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I don't hoard in real life, but if I play Skyrim or other RPGs, I hoard and loot like crazy! I want to take all of the things!

You got there before me! I hoard everything, put it in a chest and then force my companion to carry it all even though it must be tipping 2000 (kg? lbs?)
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    We joke that we hoard TP. We easily have like 50 rolls at any given time. My husband says he gets chest pains if our stash gets below 20. He like lives in fear of living in a TP-less world.