Kettlebells

Options
Any of you guys do kettlebell training? I started in December and the results have been awesome. I've lost weight, my fitness has rocketed and my strength has improved massively.

My coach competes in Kettlebell Sport also known as Girevoy Sport and just got a Bronze medal at a national competition. I think i'm going to push to compete as well. I love it.

Replies

• Luvmichnata
    Luvmichnata Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on starting kettlebells after I finish my current dvd set. I'm curious what your results were with these? How did you benefit the most? I hear the workouts/benefits are great.
  • BobbiG35
    BobbiG35 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells are great. They make your heart work overtime....which in turn, makes you stronger in other areas and increase stamina. Just be warned, you will be pretty sore when you first start out. I recommend the Bob Harper videos....they are the best I have found in dvd form. Let me know when you start, I am curious! Have a great day!
  • Dfracassa
    Dfracassa Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    My fiance built me one in our basement workout area with a T-shaped pipe set with a handle on top, so that I can adjust the amount of weight to my needs. It's great! I only do about 30 reps right now, with 12/5 lbs. on it, but I'm ready to move up. SO sore in the morning, but it's a good hurt. :-)