what is going on here? :(

Options
I know scale doesnt mean anything but it still frustrates me, last week around this time i weighted 97.2 kilo(214lbs), from a 100 kilo, i check this morning andf i am in week 3 of intence training and i weigh 98,2 kilo(216lbs). Dafuq is this, a whole kilo, while i lost 2cm(0,7inch) of my waist, is see a little definition in my torso and still gained.

For my lenght i need at least to drop to 80 kilo(176lbs) and that is still 9 kilo(20lbs) above what i should weigh but taking in mind i got a bigger build(broad torso) still eating and drinking(only water and green tea) healthy and burn around 1000 cals every day(3workouts) :(

It feels like i will never drop even under 90kilo(198lbs) because if i work so hard and gain how could i ever lose that amount.

Replies

• IsabellaGiano
    IsabellaGiano Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, it may be that you have already transformed a bit of your fat in muscle mass. :)
    Muscles wheight more than fat, so you will see that your body is better shaped but the scale says you weight more.

After a bit, since muscles burn more calories, you will see a faster drop on the scale.
    Just be patient and enjoy the fact that you are loosing centimeters (or inches or whatever) :)

Isabella
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Your body is holding on to water to help repair the muscles after an intense workout schedule..your best friend will be a tape measure.
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Ok, so my 3 workouts atm are, in the morning, 30 day shred followed by hiphop abs and after dinner les mills combat. 2 of them have sometimes weight included i also hit the gym last sunday and did pretty heavy weightlifting as i still feel sore from that. I cant imagine my body is in survival mode as im never hungry and eat 5times a day plus it would only hold fat if there was a lack of it.

My tape measure did say 2cm of the waist and its not that, just thinking how i ever will reach my goal weight if it is like this.

But maybe Isa is right :)
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    You didn't put weight on overnight....so you won't lose it overnight...patience :smile:
  • Gunsentry
    Gunsentry Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Water retention.

Muscles use water to repair damage caused by exercise.

Do not weigh your self on rest day after exercise and or if you have DOM's as you will see weight go up due to water retention.

Water retention can see a increase on 2-5lbs on the scale, best to just weigh yourself once per week but better checking how you feel, your clothes fit and what the tape measure shows.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    You will be holding water. You may be losing body fat but gaining some lean mass. Right now taking your body fat and going off that instead of the scale would be a great idea. If you lost cm its working! Measurements and body fat percentage all the way now you are doing heavy weight training!

Zara
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    If your seeing definition, nothing else matter. Weigh yourself once every never and get on with it.

that way you won't be frustrated and you'll be looking better and better in the mirror each day.

bin the scale.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I often gain 5lbs of water weight by the way!

Zara