pancake day

Options
Healthy pancake recipes?

Replies

• bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Do a Google search for buckwheat pancakes. The buckwheat adds fiber, and it's relatively low in carbs. Of course, then I soak them in maple syrup, so . . .
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of that earlier thread debating the egg and banana omelette pancakes...
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Pancakes aren't terrible, it's what you put on them that does the damage I find.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Do a Google search for buckwheat pancakes. The buckwheat adds fiber, and it's relatively low in carbs. Of course, then I soak them in maple syrup, so . . .

I'm gonna go find this. I can't have gluten and buckwheat is gluten-free. Yay! :drinker:
  • Jademadeley
    Options
    Banana pancake (makes 1, 155.5 cals)

2 egg whites (I use whole eggs but might change the calories a bit)
    1 tbsp plain yogurt or coconut milk
    4-5 drops vanilla stevia
    1 banana, mashed
    2 tbsp applesauce
    2 tbsp flax meal (or GF flour)
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    sprinkle of cinnamon & nutmeg

Whisk together eggs, yogurt, and stevia until fluffyish. Whisk in banana and spices. Let sit for 2-3 minutes while you preheat an omelette pan with nonstick spray or some coconut oil.

As you can see this recipe is wheat, dairy and sugar free! I've made it a few times and its delicious :) I usually have a tbsp of peanut butter with it too but is sweet and flavourful on its own.
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Aunt Bessie's Pancake Mix - just add water. 92cals per pancake. Squeeze fresh fruit juice over them, and they aren't bad at all! :drinker: YUM! x
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Pancakes aren't terrible, it's what you put on them that does the damage I find.

This.

In the end everything in moderations. If you would normally have 4, have 2 etc...
  • ladybird1771
    ladybird1771 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This site usually has good ideas :) this one looks nice. http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/02/heart-shaped-chocolate-chip-banana.html
  • inezbruce
    inezbruce Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thanks people! I found a recipe which is just a banana and eggs mixed into a paste :) all natural, gluten free, low calorie woo!
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Aunt Bessie's Pancake Mix - just add water. 92cals per pancake. Squeeze fresh fruit juice over them, and they aren't bad at all! :drinker: YUM! x
    That's me off to Tesco after work haha
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    We had standard old school pancakes for breakfast, but instead of covering mine with maple syrup, I used a punnet of strawberries, some stevia and a tsp of olive oil to make an amazing strawberry sauce.
  • pyrowill
    Options

I've thought the exact same thing. I'm off to a pancake party tonight, the girls who are making ti go a bit freestyle with the mix. If I bring my own and the Aunt Bessie's is in an easy jug dispense then it'll be easy to count.

QUESTIONS FOR PEEPS. How do you measure your spread, tonight I can see one with butter and sugar and maybe one Nutella or Peanut butter one. And just curious, because I'm not going to weigh in, how does one weigh out....a dollop of nutella, or a dollop or PB (sorry dollop seems to be the best description :laugh:
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options

I've thought the exact same thing. I'm off to a pancake party tonight, the girls who are making ti go a bit freestyle with the mix. If I bring my own and the Aunt Bessie's is in an easy jug dispense then it'll be easy to count.

QUESTIONS FOR PEEPS. How do you measure your spread, tonight I can see one with butter and sugar and maybe one Nutella or Peanut butter one. And just curious, because I'm not going to weigh in, how does one weigh out....a dollop of nutella, or a dollop or PB (sorry dollop seems to be the best description :laugh:

Use a tablespoon to measure out the dollop (15g in a tablespoon) and then spread it on with a knife from the spoon :) x
  • pyrowill
    Options
    15g in a tablespoon? I didn't know this, is this a general all round figure for things like that? This could change my life....
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    15g in a tablespoon? I didn't know this, is this a general all round figure for things like that? This could change my life....
    No. Grams measure weight. Tablespoons measure volume. The same volume of different items is going to weigh quite different amounts. For instance, a tablespoon of butter weighs 14g. A tablespoon of honey weighs 21g.

Here's a converter: http://convert-to.com/conversion-of-ingredients-from-cooking-recipes