For us gals looking to lose 10 lbs by the end of spring!

Options
Salvete!
I'm 23 years old, 5'6" and currently weigh 130 lbs. My goal is to lose 10 lbs by the end of spring or April.
Let's support and motivate each other! It's so much more fun with like-minded friends! :-)
Feel free to add me.
/Aaliyah

Replies

• AhlaWahda
    AhlaWahda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    So it's only me then? xD
  • AhlaWahda
    Options
    bump
  • Clarissa546
    Options
    don't worry, I'll be your supporter ;)
    I already lost 13 lbs but I'm looking on losing at least 10 more
    feel free to add me :)
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I only want to lose a bit too, I need to be way stricter though! And exercise! :(
  • strickland8052
    strickland8052 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm 5'4 and 136 lbs, hoping to be 125 lbs by May 19th (My wedding day!!!!) I've been working hard since January 1 and have only lost 4 pounds, so I don't know if I will make it. :sad:
  • strickland8052
    Options
    What does your routine/calorie intake look like?

I'm eating 1200 calories, doing 30 Day Shred, and Couch25K. I was alternating days between 30DS and C25K, but now I'm trying to do both every day and bumping the calories up to 1450.

I'm curious what you guys are doing because these 10 pounds are soooooo hard! Like you guys, I'm already a healthy weight so I think my body is fighting me every step of the way.
  • ktrites
    ktrites Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey I am looking to loose at least ten pounds by the spring, hopefully more like 15. Lets share ideas! The last ten pounds are the hardest to loose....
  • eskiadas
    eskiadas Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm in !!!
    I'm a mother of two with my youngest being 4 months so going to the gym is a challenge. I do try and go 3 times a week to the gym but these days it's been more like 2 days. I've just started the 30 Day shred so I plan to do that 5 days a week and the gym 2 days a week. I've started this journey Jan 2 and I have lost 6 lbs so far

SW: 154
    CW: 148
    GW 1: 138 by April
    GW 2: 130 by summer
  • eskiadas
    eskiadas Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I agree!! lets share ideas and help each other get to our goal :happy:
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I've been put on 1220 a day and have swapped any snacks for fruit but that actually takes up quite a lot of the calories which is annoying.

What's all this 30 shread and C25K?
  • NurseKristi81
    NurseKristi81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am working on that last 9 pounds:( Why is it sooooo hard???? I have obtained lifdetime status with Weight Watchers in July of 2011, I am at a healthy weight yet I want to go below my current weight and tone up now so I do have that weight to "play" with and not have to be super strict all summer long. I am 5'9 and currently 164 and I want to be 155.....Please feel free to add me I am open to everyone insight and will gladly help you with some:)
  • AhlaWahda
    Options
    Great! So we are a few fighters! Everyone says the last 10 is the hardest. Let's hope not. :bigsmile:
    If I can make it before the summer starts I'm happy.
  • AhlaWahda
    Options

I'm eating 1200 calories, doing 30 Day Shred, and Couch25K. I was alternating days between 30DS and C25K, but now I'm trying to do both every day and bumping the calories up to 1450.

I'm curious what you guys are doing because these 10 pounds are soooooo hard! Like you guys, I'm already a healthy weight so I think my body is fighting me every step of the way.

Was this for me? If so, I'm doing aerobics 5 days a week (just started 3,5 weeks ago) and I eat around 1,400 cals per day.
    Yep. I've never weighed less than I do now in my adult life so I'm very curious about how my body will respond.
    I'm really impatient though lol but I know I'll not give up.
  • strickland8052
    Options
    I've been put on 1220 a day and have swapped any snacks for fruit but that actually takes up quite a lot of the calories which is annoying.

What's all this 30 shread and C25K?

30 Day Shred is a 30 minute workout video by Jullian Michaels (from the Biggest Loser). It combines strength, abs, and cardio. You do 10 days of level 1, then 10 of level 2, then 10 of level 3. I really like it so far! I've actually gained weight since starting it, but my pants almost fell off earlier when I was running to my car in the rain so I think it is trimming me up. Somebody put it on youtube so you can get it for free here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8&list=PL06F7D4D05FE22F9F&index=10

C25K is Couch To 5K. It is interval training to help beginner runners get to a 5k in 9 weeks. I've done 5k's before using this method and it is great way to gradually build into it. Here is more info on it and the actual plan: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Anyone know of a good exercise to get rid of that fat under your arm that jiggles when you wave? That is the number one thing that needs to go!!!
  • strickland8052
    Options

Was this for me? If so, I'm doing aerobics 5 days a week (just started 3,5 weeks ago) and I eat around 1,400 cals per day.
    Yep. I've never weighed less than I do now in my adult life so I'm very curious about how my body will respond.
    I'm really impatient though lol but I know I'll not give up.

It was to ALL! :) I want to get ideas, because my progress is moving sooooooooooooo slow.
  • lovetobethin86
    lovetobethin86 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I am the same stats as u and want to lose 10-15 pounds but healthy:)
  • demme02
    demme02 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    10lbs by the end of April is my goal. I'm in for some extra support and advice!
  • cask16
    cask16 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Count me in - I took about a YEAR to loose 10lbs (started at 136lbs at 5'4") then christmas, holidays etc happened and am now back at 132lbs which is seriously depressing BUT at least this time I have the incentive of knowing thats its possible! In my case all thanks to Jillian Michaels.
  • runs_in_heels
    runs_in_heels Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose closer to 25 total, but hoping for 10 by april as well!
  • jojeh2011
    jojeh2011 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Add me!
    I weigh 150 (5' 5''), looking to get down to 145 or so. Sure it's not 10 pounds, but those lost couple pounds are the hardest!! So could def use the extra support =)