starting to be a little concerned

Options
Last week I lost 3 pounds between Friday and Tuesday, but then leveled out through Friday. Now I am down another 2 pounds already. I'm sure it could level off again, and it isn't like I've lost 5 pounds a week, but I'm worried that maybe I'm not eating enough or something. I am always within 100 cals of my goal, including exercise cals. It's also my TOM, and I don't normally lose during it. I don't know. I just need to be careful, I guess.

Replies

• chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    if you're concerned about the pace that you're losing, it's important to remember that the heavier you are, the more calories you burn in average daily activities. For example: an average person weighing 150 lbs burns 76 calories mopping a floor for 15 minutes. suppose the same person weighs 250 lbs, then they would burn 127 calories doing the exact same activity for the same amount of time.
    ok now lets look at the same two people going on a walk together. suppose they walk (moderate, brisk pace) their neighborhood for 45 minutes (long walk, i know.) The person weighing in at 250 lbs would burn → 371 ← calories compared to the person weighing 150 lbs who would only burn ..... 222 calories.
    basically: no worries! it will level off when you're body becomes accustomed to the new lifestyle and then you'll be up for challenging yourself. This is still a healthy loss! :wink:
  • JJRunning
    JJRunning Posts: 146
    Options
    Hello! Are you eating any of your exercise calories? I try to eat some of them. Also, I notice your well on your way to you goal, but still have more you'd like to loose. Usually your weight loss is a lot faster at the beginning. As you approach your goal it'll slow down. Also, have you always been someone to eat healthy / exercise? If not, that will cause a greater weight loss for a while too. Hope that helps! :laugh:
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    If you are eating healthy and working out and feeling good in general, then you have NOTHING to worry about. I lost more earlier in my journey as I was heavier. I can guarantee you, you are going to have weeks when you don't see the scale move at all, so enjoy the melting of those 5 pounds and continue maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Keep up the good work and you will be so happy that you logged in every day and stayed accountable to your goals.
  • freedMan
    freedMan Posts: 68
    Options
    REMEMBER, your weightloss is better measured over time, rather than a short period. If your eating within your range, stick with it. Initial weightloss can be drastic, but take your weightloss over 3-5 months and your numbers should be close to your target range.

Also, try not to weight yourself everyday, just do it weekly, or even biweekly!
  • luv2run4fun
    Options
    If you are eating healthy and working out and feeling good in general, then you have NOTHING to worry about. I lost more earlier in my journey as I was heavier. I can guarantee you, you are going to have weeks when you don't see the scale move at all, so enjoy the melting of those 5 pounds and continue maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Keep up the good work and you will be so happy that you logged in every day and stayed accountable to your goals.
    I couldn't agree more! If you are eating some or all of your exercise cals...just ENJOY it! You will hit plateaus and not lose some weeks and then other weeks you will feel the weight fall off (as you have been experiencing)! GOOD FOR YOU!
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options

DITTO! Just keep doing what you're doing! Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Last week I lost 3 pounds between Friday and Tuesday, but then leveled out through Friday. Now I am down another 2 pounds already. I'm sure it could level off again, and it isn't like I've lost 5 pounds a week, but I'm worried that maybe I'm not eating enough or something. I am always within 100 cals of my goal, including exercise cals. It's also my TOM, and I don't normally lose during it. I don't know. I just need to be careful, I guess.

It sounds like you are making healthy choices about how much you are eating. Keep in mind the larger you are, the faster the weight tends to come off. Judging by you ticker, you have quite a bit to lose, so it's not uncommon or unhealthy for it to come off quickly in the beginning. As you get smaller, your weight loss will slow, but for now, enjoy it, you're doing great!
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    You will never loose if you keep looking at the scale..........this is a long process over long period of time...just keep working at it.