Dream analysis requested for a lame dream I had.

Options
dmpizza
dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
Dream analysis requested for a really lame dream I had last night.

Last night I had a very “realistic” dream, that was actually much lamer than dreams can and probably should be. I know sometimes dreams are often “meaningless”, in that they are just a way of your brain unloading memories and emotions and sometimes it’s a way for you to help yourself by exaggerating concerns and forcing yourself to confront issues.

Anyway, in this dream my teenage kid got a job as a courier, which in the dream meant he delivered very, very expensive jewelry for a particular jewelry store.

One of his runs was at night, so I decided to go along due to concerns about him driving at night(because he is young).

His delivery that night was a watch to a particular address. When we opened the package at the address, the addressee was non-other than Jennifer Aniston “C/O” the people that lived there. I was interested because she is my top “celeb crush”. I go into the house with my kid and there was a party going on. Nothing crazy, very typical of anyone, not just celebrities. The host of the party politely ushered us into a side room, which was where everyone’s kids were watching TV. We waited and shortly Jenifer Aniston came in, we shook hands and she looked at the watch. It was to be a gift for someone, but it wasn’t what she had ordered so we said we would take it back and bring her the correct model in a day or so. Very cordial.

The next morning TV and news were filled with pictures of me, saying that I had had “relations” with her and there were features about who I was etc…. This was not true and it bothered me.

My wife was un-phased by the news, she is not the jealous type, but she chose to accompany us on the next delivery out of curiosity. We all met Ms Aniston, no one spoke of the news, we delivered the correct item and parted. I am not sure if I woke up before the dream was over or not. A highly relevant side note(I assume) is that my wife’s co-workers sometimes tell her she looks like J.A, basically a similar frame, etc…
I just thought it was odd, dull and odd.

Anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• TNR32
    TNR32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Maybe you seen a news cast with JA in it or saw a show or even a comerical (SP) with her in it or something recently which caused your brain to file it away and also the celeb crush you have. I have had weird dreams as well and sometimes a dream is just a dream.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    sounds like a wishful thinking dream

I don't believe that others can really interpret your dreams, it's something you can do for yourself by understanding your own psychology and how your brain represents various things in your subconscious.
  • tanyakay87
    tanyakay87 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I had the biggest crush on a guy who was super involved in dream interpreting. So naturally, I was too lol.

I don't know if it's correct, as I haven't really been too interested in it for ages lol but it sounds like a dream of something you wanted. The teenager may very well and represented you when you were younger, who had a huge crush on JA. The watch symbolises an event that will happen for you in your life but the fact that it was the wrong watch, probably shows your disappointment in the fact that things didn't work out for you and her. Celebrities are a bit of a difficult one though because they're quite personal, it depends on your feelings toward them, etc.

Hope this helped sort of lol. Dreams are extremely fascinating but sometimes it really is just your brain sorting through things.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I had the biggest crush on a guy who was super involved in dream interpreting. So naturally, I was too lol.

I don't know if it's correct, as I haven't really been too interested in it for ages lol but it sounds like a dream of something you wanted. The teenager may very well and represented you when you were younger, who had a huge crush on JA. The watch symbolises an event that will happen for you in your life but the fact that it was the wrong watch, probably shows your disappointment in the fact that things didn't work out for you and her. Celebrities are a bit of a difficult one though because they're quite personal, it depends on your feelings toward them, etc.

Hope this helped sort of lol. Dreams are extremely fascinating but sometimes it really is just your brain sorting through things.

thanks, I don't think its a "past" issue. I had just watched "Watchmen". Maybe it came from there.