Three Days of NSV's

Options
juliemouse83
juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
A few weeks ago I purchased some nylon jogging pants as opposed to the stretchy fleece ones I slug around the house in. I purchased a "L" instead of an "XL" because my yoga capris, made by the same company, are a "L" and were getting a little loose. I got them home, tried them on, and they were really small on me. :grumble: I was sad because, while I know all "L"s aren't created equally, I held them up at the store and they looked like they would be plenty large enough. I was going to take them back and exchange them, but the hubs said I should hang onto them, since I'd probably be able to wear them in a month or two. I tried them on Sunday evening, and danged if those puppies don't fit. :bigsmile:

Mondays are not notoriously famous in my little world for being amazing. There are, however, exceptions to every rule. Yesterday was one of those days. :wink: I got home, plugged in my Wii and commenced to playing around on that for a while, and when I got to the running segment, I found that I was able to run 4 minutes without stopping (this is a VERY new development), and did it TWICE! I was running at a slower pace than I would outdoors, and when I do my C25K runs, I'm always really winded by the end of the first or second running segment. This tells me that I can go out there and do the C25K bits at a slower pace, and keep it up longer.

Then, last night, as I was getting ready for bed, the hubs came in and said, "Wow! You are REALLY getting smaller. I didn't think you'd do it!" I was like, "What? You thought I'd fail or give up?" and he said, "No...I didn't think it would come off of you so fast! You're doing great, and I'm so proud of you." :heart: :heart: :heart:

This morning, I got up and put on a scrub top that used to be too tight and now it's too BIG!!!

THESE are the reasons that I don't cry when the scale doesn't move (and it hasn't much in the last two weeks).

Share your NSV's with me?

Replies

• Cshutchison
    Cshutchison Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Sometimes the clothes we put on are a better indication of how our body is changing, then what the scale says. It is true that building muscle may make the scale seem like you gained weight, but that muscle also burns more calories. I did the 5k program last summer, and it was hard in the beginning and week 5 was a killer. There were times I had to repeat a week, but I made it and ran my first 5K last fall. Keep at it, it gets easier!!
  • ajfc1971
    ajfc1971 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Amazing results.
  • juliemouse83
    Options
    Good for you. Sometimes the clothes we put on are a better indication of how our body is changing, then what the scale says. It is true that building muscle may make the scale seem like you gained weight, but that muscle also burns more calories. I did the 5k program last summer, and it was hard in the beginning and week 5 was a killer. There were times I had to repeat a week, but I made it and ran my first 5K last fall. Keep at it, it gets easier!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I needed to hear that, given I thought I was flunking out of C25K! :tongue:
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I tried on a dress today, that I last wore in 2006 to a wedding. It fits! Tiny bit tight on the chest but it fits! I looked slim, very happy and proud.

My hubby is also very supportive and noticing how well I am doing, he is even helping me to cook and eat healthier.

You need to cherish the NSV as they keep you in check when the scales are slow x well done
  • grillingirl
    grillingirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Good for you! It's little moments like that that keep us keepin' on! Those are the best kind of victories! Congrats!
  • juliemouse83
    Options
    I tried on a dress today, that I last wore in 2006 to a wedding. It fits! Tiny bit tight on the chest but it fits! I looked slim, very happy and proud.

My hubby is also very supportive and noticing how well I am doing, he is even helping me to cook and eat healthier.

You need to cherish the NSV as they keep you in check when the scales are slow x well done

Yay!!!! That is fantastic!

I am actually starting to think I'm going to be able to pull it off this time.

Of course, committing to the 5K mud race with friends in April keeps me at it. I don't want to let them down because I'm the old, slow one. I just had NO earthly idea that this committment was going to screw up my unhealthy lifestyle so badly, LOL...And the funnier thing is that I am SERIOUSLY enjoying how good I feel physically!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    How wonderful!!! Soooooooo very proud of you...and kudos to your husband!
  • DLH070911
    DLH070911 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My NSV - at the gym today I found I was able to complete most of my lunges the "right" way (knee to the ground) to the wall and back 4 times. I could barely do a few the right way a few weeks ago. Yay! :)
  • MeanSophieCat
    MeanSophieCat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Congrats! So happy for you.

I had a couple NSVs yesterday and today. Yesterday - moved to a new (smaller) hole in the belt. Today, nylons fit much better and pulled up way past my belly button!
  • SkinnyForMinnie
    SkinnyForMinnie Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post. I am a relative newcomer and it's nice to learn about the NSVs when the scale is being stubborn.
  • CheriBC34
    Options
    I've had several lately and it feels AMAZING....First, another notch up on my belt. Second, I went into Victoria's Secret yesterday and found a cute jacket on the sale rack. I pulled it out and looked at it and thought to myself...."I can't wear a medium". I slipped it on over my shirt and IT FIT!!! Omigosh, I've NEVER EVER been able to wear a MEDIUM!! Are you kidding me???? Third, I love love love looking down and seeing how long my legs are...I never had a lap before :-) I love NSV's!!!!!
  • juliemouse83
    Options
    OhMyGosh!!! :flowerforyou:

You guys are amazing! All the NSV's are terrific! The belts getting smaller, the sizes getting smaller, successes at the gym...

It's so good to read about everybody's little victories!!!! It means we're doing something right!!! :bigsmile:
  • Cshutchison
    Cshutchison Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am doing a Zombie run in April with my 21 year old niece and some of her friends. I too do not want to be the "old" one left behind, but at the same time I am trying to be careful and not overdo it and hurt myself. When I started the c25k I can remember feeling like I was going to pass out after only running for a few minutes. I had to slow down to about 5 miles per hour (12 min mile) and now I am trying to slowly build my speed up to my goal of a 10 minute mile for all three miles. I have really come to enjoy my runs.
  • juliemouse83
    Options
    I am doing a Zombie run in April with my 21 year old niece and some of her friends. I too do not want to be the "old" one left behind, but at the same time I am trying to be careful and not overdo it and hurt myself. When I started the c25k I can remember feeling like I was going to pass out after only running for a few minutes. I had to slow down to about 5 miles per hour (12 min mile) and now I am trying to slowly build my speed up to my goal of a 10 minute mile for all three miles. I have really come to enjoy my runs.

I totally get this! I just figured out that slowing down is a good thing. I seriously thought I was going to die last week when I did my C25K. Week 3 was started tonight and I paced myself. Made all the difference in the world! Not wanting to die is a big deal while jogging! Much more enjoyable!
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Thanks for those! :heart: That made me smile :happy: . I need reminders that its these things that count. Not those damn :angry: numbers on the scale. :flowerforyou:
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, someone gasped when they saw me. They said that I looked 'great and fabulous' and that I looked like I was 'filled with energy and health." (I've only lost 13 pounds, the change isn't quite that dramatic and she is the type of coworker who tends to gush her compliments...but I'll take the compliment!)

Today someone said that they had always thought I was around age 32 or 33. I'm about to turn 45!
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    A couple of weeks ago, I started riding my bike again after a few months break. My chin strap needed to be shortened considerably!

I went to a store near my daughter's college. We brought a couple of things up to the cashier and I asked if there were any discounts being offered that day. The cashier said (in a nasty tone) "We give discounts every day to students and seniors, and OBVIOUSLY, you don't qualify for either of those!" I said, "I'm 56 years old." She said, "NO WAY!" That would never have happened 40 pounds ago!
  • jojohnson090
    Options
    i think my biggest NSV is my skin clearing up! i never really had terrible acne but anymore it is non-existent and my pores have shrunk too! praise all that water i've been drinking!!! :)
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    My stamina has improved greatly! I used to only be able to stay on the treadmill and run for about 3 - 5 minutes at 8.5kmh and have to do a brisk walk for the rest of the 20 mins, now I can do that for about 10 mins at between 8.5 to 9.5 kmh quite comfortably, brisk walk for 5 mins, and run the remaining 5 mins! :D
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I bought a super cute new outfit at the thrift shop about 2 weeks ago and it fit great. I wore it today and the pants kept falling off and everything was baggy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!