3 Overripe Bananas--what to do...

Options
2»

Replies

• Mamalea32
    Options
    The first thing that comes to mind is banana bread, but that is not so healthy--- perhaps a frozen yogurt smoothie with bananas and peanut butter? Or with bananas and frozen fruits like strawberry or blueberry?
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I freeze mine after I cut them in half... I use these for my smoothies :)
  • BBinNC
    BBinNC Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    As said below ... a nice treat that isn't a killer with calories or fat. Add some cocoa powder to make it a chocolatey treat.
    Peel them, freeze them whole, and use them in smoothies or make banana ice"cream".
  • LeotaD
    LeotaD Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like slicing them, freezing them flat on a cookie sheet, then melting down some bittersweet chocolate then dipping them in them and refreezing. Probably not the healthiest thing to do with them, but they knock out a sweet craving with less calories than a lot of other things with just a couple of bites. I take out two or three at a time and leave the rest sitting in the freezer.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I like slicing them, freezing them flat on a cookie sheet, then melting down some bittersweet chocolate then dipping them in them and refreezing. Probably not the healthiest thing to do with them, but they knock out a sweet craving with less calories than a lot of other things with just a couple of bites. I take out two or three at a time and leave the rest sitting in the freezer.

I love that idea. I must try this.
  • smh1067
    smh1067 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I second the banana ice cream with cocoa powder!

Or these banana muffins are only 90 cals (their info says 80, but I got different when I plugged them in MFP). We really enjoyed them! Don't overmix though or they get a little rubbery, still delicious, but rubbery lol.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=606713
  • 748marie
    748marie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    silver doller banana oatmeal pancakes! I replace reagular flour with ground oatmeal and maybe some ground almonds :) mmmmm
  • klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Peel them, chop them up into pieces, put them in the freezer and someday when you want something sweet you can take them out an make ice cream with them! I just throw the banana, and skim milk into a blender, then sometimes add a T of PB or Chocolate chips and enjoy!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Do not eat them. Didn't you see the ad at the top of the pages saying that an over-ripe banana is on the list of foods never to eat?!

hah kidding.. but chop them, dip them in chocolate, freeze. Yum!! Or puree them and freeze it into ice cube trays. Thaw and use for smoothies (yep, it'll turn brown, but that doesn't bother the taste!
  • sclaibo
    sclaibo Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Put them in OATMEAL! It makes the oatmeal so much sweeter to where you don't even need brown sugar!
  • LisaD7526
    LisaD7526 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Make whole wheat banana bread. I use this recipe, sub applesauce for the oil, and leave out the nuts, not a fan of them in bread..

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Whole-Wheat-Banana-Nut-Bread/Detail.aspx
  • mcsweetly
    mcsweetly Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Peel them and freeze for a smoothie or you make them into banana ice cream in your blender later. I also like the Petite Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins on Skinnytaste.com