To jump right into Insanity?

Options
Soooo..... I'm now just trying to squeeze time in for some excercise after having my son 6 month ago (yikes time is flying)
I'm thinking if it's a good idea to start up with "Insanity" right from the starting gate or should I loosen up with a weeks worth of elliptical training then dive into to all of the cardio workout? Any suggestions?

Replies

• holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Start with Insanity if you are willing to jump in and not give up!! You will be sore in the beginning, but if you do follow the calendar, the soreness won't last too long, and your results will be AMAZING!!! My biggest recommendation is to stay focused on what you are eating!! Every time I do Insanity I start eating like a horse, and do not get my intended results!!
  • loseitbee
    Options
    I am by no means an expert, but I would say work up your endurance with running or elliptical before. That workout is NO JOKE. Just my opinion.. Congrats on your baby!
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    There's never a perfect time to start Insanity. I've been working out since 2010 and I still found it hard. Just start it and go from there. If you can't do it 6 days a week try 4. Make it work for you.
  • Frag_Bunny
    Frag_Bunny Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i honestly started with just doing the fitness test as my workout. I did as much of the fitness test as I could until I felt like I was going to fall over . After that i would do a 30 minute interval workout on the elliptical. Now this is coming from someone starting from ground zero with little strength and endurance. If you are more fit and can get through the fitness test i say try the insanity workout and just do as much of it as you can
  • Schmelvie
    Schmelvie Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'd say to jump right in. A week of other light cardio isn't going to help much with what you're about to do anyway. Just pace yourself at the beginning until you recognize where your limits are.
  • P90XBowler
    P90XBowler Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I would try the recovery workout which is called Core Cardio and Balance, try that one a few times to ease you into the program, Just do your best.
  • justinknox_2000
    justinknox_2000 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Its hard but give it a go
  • sjjnks
    Options
    I'd say to jump right in. A week of other light cardio isn't going to help much with what you're about to do anyway. Just pace yourself at the beginning until you recognize where your limits are.

x2. It's gonna suck A LOT up front no matter how prepared you are. Just do what you can and don't beat yourself up if you can't keep up. The improvements will come and you will be surprised. I'm about halfway through and I *still* have to take breaks more frequently than they do on the DVD. But they're fewer and shorter than before, so...