awesome..very inspirational!!
  • Kyraiyne
    Kyraiyne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Inspiring!
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous, keep up the great work! What an inspiration!
  • KaraLikeCareuh
    KaraLikeCareuh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you thank you thank you! I have been stuck on my last 10 lbs for about a week now ugh so frustrating but I'm not going to give up. I figured maybe I am just losing inches/gaining muscle. I haven't gained any weight but I have hit a stall :( I'm sitting at size 12, 185 lbs. Anyone have any tips? :)

524824_537791566260402_553786427_n.jpg
  • smilingirisheyes
    smilingirisheyes Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting your success - it's inspiring to see someone with about as much extra weight as I started with crossing the finish line. :)
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Wow just wow :)
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    wow I am inspired!
    Thanks for sharing, and congratulations!
  • Bluebabi
    Bluebabi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You have NO idea how much this has inspired me! Congratulations!
  • sunita1982
    Options
    Wow you look Great...Congrates on all the hard work!!!
  • karenc118
    karenc118 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    what a transformation, you look fantastic!
  • crystalpotts
    crystalpotts Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly!!! You look FANTABULOUS!!!!
  • ChelleBalady
    Options
    Great job!
  • LuvMyBoys2
    LuvMyBoys2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    you look awesome. Way to go!
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Fantastic transformation. You look great.
  • marooned
    marooned Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!... you look smokin...

Great work very inspiring
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    inspiring
  • lgblack
    lgblack Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    The work you have done in the 463 days is nothing short of ASTOUNDING. And doing the workouts during the weight loss has likely given your body/skin somewhat of a chance to adjust along the way. Lose skin with that kind of weight loss is likely very disappointing, but the health that you have gained...and the self confidence will counter that for you, I hope.

I only have about 20-25 lbs to lose total (lost 10 lbs since mid January) - so I applaud you on your journey. What SUCCESS!! Be so proud of what you have accomplished for yourself! I only got committed to combining counting calories and the exercise this January. I am 53 and menopause metabolism (VERY SLOW) was getting me nowhere with exercise alone. So I have had to beef up my approach. This is working for me.... 3 strength workouts per week, plus 2 one hour cardio (I do Zumba) a week. Plus sticking to my calories/plus work out calories. But some of the things I have learned lately are:

1. keep the exercise routine changing so your body does not get used to it. My trainer has been changing mine every 4 weeks. Before, I only did it every 4-5 months. I am always given 3-4 different days of workouts, so one day might be cardio, one day might be large muscles, one day focussing on some of of the smaller muscle groups - and always with some cardio intervals built in. This has kept me motivated and my body seems to be responding well to the changes. (6 lbs and 5.6" total in the first 3.5 weeks) (Now showing 10 lbs down, and get my measurements done on Friday.)

2. Eating my calories plus my exercise calories (or a hundred or so less) has seemed to work for me....but, if the food choices.are not healthy ones (like wine, sweets, white pastas/breads) the scale usually will reflect this with me plateauing for a few days to a week. I read people saying to 'change it up' - like don't let the calories in be so predictable. One day, eat a little more (healthy, mind you) then back to the actual count. I don't know if it works, but always worth a try.

3. Measure yourself. Relaxed bicep. Chest, Waist. Hips. Thigh, Relaxed calf. When the scale is not budging, the inches will show you how your body shape is changing.

Good luck with the last little bit to your goal......I have heard many say this is the hardest as it usually takes longer :( Don't get discouraged!! And really focus on maintenance afterwardsm, as with every decade, your metabolism slows down a notch and losing gets more difficult. I never changed what I ate or did from my 40's to my 50's...and actually was exercising more from 49-53. But the exercise alone was not doing it. The body metabolism needed me to eat less as well. Grrrr!! Aging sucks!!
    I will be watching for your post saying YOU HAVE DONE IT!!!
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look FANTASTIC! You do NOT look like you weigh 188 pounds!

^^^THIS^^^ Are you really tall? You definitely don't look like you weigh 188. That's only three pounds less than I weigh and I definitely DO NOT look like you. (But then, I have small muscles and bones and am only 5'4"--I'm pretty sure my BF is higher than yours. Mine is 30%). :ohwell:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!