Stretch Marks.....

Options
Hey i started on this site because i am only 20 and have had 2 children, so have put weight on. The thought of being my age and never wearing a bikini again makes me depressed. so here i am starting my jorney of weight loss. wish me luck. The one thingi am dreading is when i lose this weight, i may still not be comfrtable in a bikini for my honeymoon next year. Because my stretchmarks, has anyone got any idea that might help?
p.s. i have already tried bio-oil and shea butter.
Thanks K x

Replies

• LostTeen
    LostTeen Posts: 110
    Options
    I use cocoa butter.. apperantley it helps =]
  • kajaknowers
    kajaknowers Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    as you lose weight your stretch marks will become lighter and lighter....Unfortunately they will never disappear but they will become faint lines that at least to most people will not look obvious especially men as some don't even realise stretchmarks exist x
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    That topic was on Dr Oz the other day. He said that only in time will they fade, and only surgery will make them go away. I've always used cocoa butter and in some places you can't even tell I ever had them.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    They'll fade but they will never go away...sorry.
    I use olive oil (all over my body-makes me extra soft)...but nothing will get rid of the marks.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    You can fade them and time is the best at that but they will never go away. The skin is damaged. Where them proudly as badges of the wonderful thing we can do. We can change our bodies. We can bear children and we can get healthy. Strech marks are badges of the change. :wink:
  • TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    Unfortunately, many women with children are no strangers to those vile little stretchmarks. It's been over two years since I had my daughter, and I can still see mine. Well, kinda.

Here's the good news: Stretch marks will fade over time, or at least mine have. Mine are 'barely there' and are whitish in color compared to the rest of my skin. I can see them even less when I'm tan.

I hear mixed things about ways to get rid of them, but I still use vitamin E oil, mostly because it's helps to bolster my skin strength in problem areas. I'm not sure on the *actual* usefulness in getting rid of them.

Good luck dear!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I hear mixed things about ways to get rid of them, but I still use vitamin E oil, mostly because it's helps to bolster my skin strength in problem areas. I'm not sure on the *actual* usefulness in getting rid of them.

How do you use the Vitamin E? My mom heard you break the capsule and rub it on but I just couldn't get past the stickiness of it ... could I ingest it, would that help?
  • kaylada89
    kaylada89 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yeah mine almost went away between having the kids but my youngest one is 10 months and it just doesn't seem to be happening. I was thinking about getting thelaser treatment but seems like a waste of money if time is the best healer.
    Thanks
  • TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options

How do you use the Vitamin E? My mom heard you break the capsule and rub it on but I just couldn't get past the stickiness of it ... could I ingest it, would that help?

I actually bought some bottled vitamin E oil from the health food store in my area. It smells like chocolate and cinnamon rolls. I'm not kidding. Sometimes, I will use it just to enjoy the smell, thus avoiding eating unhealthy snacks. It's not sticky either. It's comparable in texture to any massage oil and absorbs quickly.
  • delilahthegoddess
    Options
    Wear them proudly girl! You have wonderful children to show for it!!! I had twins! I know stretch marks! I wear a bikini and belly dance and show them off with a smile on my face.

But be patient they will fade. Some take longer than others. I had some that bled during my pregnancy, but now are not to noticable. :)

Good luck on your journey :smile:
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I use the Palmer's Stretch Mark Cream for pregnancy. So far, I have noticed that my stretch marks are much lighter. I have only been faithfully using it for about a month, so it does work. However, they will never go away without surgery.
  • arfletcher
    arfletcher Posts: 143
    Options
    Wear them proud! You have kids and have earned them! I grew so fast as a kid - up and out - that I have stretch marks EVERYWHERE!! My arms, but, boobs, belly, legs... I love them - they are like scars - they tell a story. Mine say - Look, I grew really fast and was also fat! But I'm not fat now! :laugh: :laugh: I figure I am pre-stretched for when I do have children :happy:
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    You can do it don't stress over the stretch marks. I have an 11month old. I have stretch marks not to bad but I am proud of them!!!! I went from 134 to 110 in 11 months so you can do it to!!!