Its going to work this time!

Options
Hi everybone~I just joined the site. I actually started yesterday but just got online today. I'm really hoping this site and all the support, will help me stay on track this time and make a lifestyle change for good! I like what I see so far!

Replies

• indy2bird
    indy2bird Posts: 13
    Options
    I have been in the same situation as you! This site has been the perfect motivation for me so far!! I started this on February 15th 2010 and have lost 9 pounds so far! It is a slow weight loss but a good one! I find myself motivated to work out and watch what I eat. I think actually seeing the amount of calories and fat that I am eating has made all the difference!
    I am here if you need a friend and support!! We CAN do this!!
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    This is a really great site. I joined back in Feb 2010, I have managed to lose 16 lbs. The support and feedback is wonderful. Some of my co workers at the clinic I work at also have joined. Enjoy, and Best of Luck on your Journey.:smile:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard! You can do this,,, just choose to do it, and do it.

This is easy - here's all ya' gotta do:

Cook smart, lotsa good filling stuff. Some fruits, lotsa veggies, some grains-cereals, some starchy stuff, some lean meat. Almost nothing fried (and certainly nothing batter dipped & deep fried), and very very little pastry/cakey stuff.

Count your calories accurately with the food guide here, and stay as close to your calorie allowance as you reasonably can. If you cook properly you shouldn't be too uncomfortable on the calorie allowance MFP will give you.

Get some exercise - work that gym, walk a little every day, something - that's a huge help. Remember to log your exercise and eat at least some (I eat most) of your exercise calories. Exercise is a self-feeding phenomenon. If you push yourself to do just a little today (it's supposed to be hard,,, it's exercise ) then you'll feel better about it and it'll be easier to do it again tomorrow. Then in a week you'll be able to do more, and it'll start to get fun. In a year you might be running 10k's,,, it's up to you.

And drink your water!

That's it, piece o' cake. Wife and I have been doing it for about a year now and we've done well. Lost about 130 pounds between us, and we're in much better shape. You can do it too.

"Do - or do not. There is no 'try"
    Yoda.
  • LosingLori
    Options
    You can do it girlfriend!!! I am right there with you!!! We are going to be some hot mommas on that beach in July!!!!:drinker:

739764.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter