Peanut Butter

Options
Hello,

I just read my Jif peanut butter jar and realize 1 TBSP is 90 Calories!!! uugghhh.. any good replacement suggestions?:explode:

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    sunflower, almond, and cashew butter...(but all are some calories).
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    PB2
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    PB2 or other nut butters, but if you are having a really hard time kicking the peanut butter habit measure out one TBSP and microwave it for 10 secs, when it's melted you can spread it thinner and over more stuff so you can just use 1-2 TBSP per serving. I find that if I have 2 pieces of peanut butter toast with 1.5 TBSP peanut butter for breakfast I am full for a long time
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I just read my Jif peanut butter jar and realize 1 TBSP is 90 Calories!!! uugghhh.. any good replacement suggestions?:explode:

no. Jif is worth the calories.
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hello,

^^^^^
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Yeah, I agree. It also spreads better than full organic, so you can use less.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Natural peanut butter like Teddie brand. No sugar. Same amount of calories but tastes way better.
  • Joey_TheGreat
    Options
    PB2 ~~ regular peanut butter tends to be a trigger food. Peanut butter is not the best source of protein and i tend to stay away from it for that reason.
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Crazy Richard's PB is all-natural and SO good. Same amount of calories, I believe, but nothing added. Only peanuts, so there is no sodium.

And who wants to give up peanut butter? :)
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    PB2 isn't awful.....But it's not peanut butter. Just eat the real stuff.

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    cut something else
  • klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    PB2 it tastes pretty close to real PB and is only 45 calories! Its a powder you mix with water. They also have it in chocolate. I buy mine online
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Hello,

In my opinion, nope! All the nut butters and spread have high calories, but they are excellent sources of protein and healthy oil/fat. I do try to use natural peanut butter when I can to cut down on the bit of added sugar and such in Skippy (my fave). But I just moderate the amount I take in. I do celery and peanut butter almost daily.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    PB2 it tastes pretty close to real PB and is only 45 calories! Its a powder you mix with water. They also have it in chocolate. I buy mine online

PB2 is great "mixed in" stuff (oatmeal ...mmmm). But real peanut butter ... no substitute. It's got lots of healthy fat.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Hello,

This! :)
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Hello,

no, just no....Jif is all that and a bag of chips...don't touch it..its perfect the way it is...way better than sliced bread...way!

:noway:
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    More Peanut Butter!
  • smh1067
    smh1067 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I use the PB2 as well. It's not Jiff, but it's a decent stand in sometimes. I use it in things I want peanut butter flavor in like oatmeal or smoothies, but I still use Jiff for things like peanut butter toast. The fat in it keeps me fuller longer than the PB2.
  • Beautyinme2014
    Options
    Thanks! I will look into these alternatives. I don't mind the calories, but 90 per tablespoon? I love peanut butter, so I can only imagine how much i pile on a sandwich.
  • Beautyinme2014
    Options
    Wait! What's PB2? I need to look into that! lol