Transitioning to Maintaining

bajp
bajp Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I started at MFP in February in order to lose six pounds and get healthier in general. I have just this week hit and actually exceeded my goal. Woohoo! :) I have had my calories set to shed one pound a week. I don't want to immediately transition from 1350 calories to 1850 in a day. Is there a standard amount that should be acceptable without triggering weight gain? I have changed to half a pound a week which was 1560 calories, but thought that that might be too much at one time also, so I have lowered it to 1460 for this week with the thought to raise it a hundred or so calories each week. Does anybody else have experience with ending their weightloss and starting to maintain? I have made a lot of progress in two months and I really don't want to regress.

Any help would be appreciated!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    Try increasing daily calories by 100 per day for each week until you get up to maintenance caloric intake. With your example this would take 5 weeks to accomplish. Good luck
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    I've been maintaining for the past few months. I haven't really changed my calorie intake that much at all. I'm still losing inches though but not really pounds which is what I want. For me to continue losing weight mfp actually raised my calorie level but I haven't gone with it.
This discussion has been closed.