30 day Shed Vs P90X?

tanyewest
tanyewest Posts: 113
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi All,

I have a wedding in 3 weeks and I really want to lose about 10 lbs.

I am 5-6" and I currently weigh about 9st 7lbs.

Has anyone tried Jillian Michael's 30 day shred DVD? It is only £7 on Amazon, and I have heard talk about it on here but wondered if with a balanced diet, or eating healthy and following this DVD will I lose the 10 lbs I want?

it cames I can lose 20 lbs in 30 days?

Please help - thank you ever so much.
T:flowerforyou:

Replies

• MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    I would search the message boards for threads on both. You can find tons of info that way. I personally use 30 day shred. I am on maintenance though, so I am not sure how it works for losing 10lbs. fast. Seems like it would be a great way with her diet plan. Good luck!
  • lweldon
    lweldon Posts: 2
    I am on day 2 of 30 day shred and i think that im going to loose 50 lbs in a month. lol She is a very good trainer and keeps you going. Even thru a tv she dont let you stop. I highley recommend it to loose weight before your wedding. Also does anyone know how to add this dvd into our exercise log???? Im new at this whole thing.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    You're 5'6" tall and you weigh 133 pounds. You want to get to 123 pounds in 3 weeks. Wow,,,

If you weighed 233 pounds and were carrying 80 pounds of bodyfat, you could probably drop 10 pounds of it in your first 3 weeks easy. Many many of use have done that.

However,,, you're already quite trim. You're starting out where many of us finish up. That "Last 10 Pounds" is notoriously hard to lose. I'd say that 10 pounds in 3 weeks as a really really aggressive plan. I won't say you can't do it,,, I'll say it's a very aggressivle plan. Most of us try for no more than 2 pounds a week,,, and most of us as trim as you are trying for 1 pounds a week and are lucky to get that.

Personally I've been working on my "last 10 pounds" for 6 or 7 months, and I'm still 4 pounds heavier than I want to be. This takes time when you're trim.

About the workout, I've done 30 day shred and enjoyed it, and I was pleased with my fitness gains when I did it. It's quick, fun, challenging-not-crazy,,, just a great workout and I recommend it.
  • tanyewest
    tanyewest Posts: 113
    That's what everyone is telling me "The last 10 lbs is always hard to lose".

I guess nobody is ever happy in their own skin, well body anyway. And I have never been happy, so ok 10 lbs in 3 weeks is a ridiclious goal, but I hope that I wil be able to lose a few pounds at least to fit into this bleeding dress.

What exercies do you recommend to do to lose weight and tone up quickly? I have been told time and time again not to do the same exercises, but I don't know what I AM supposed to do?

On a normal gym day I go on the cross trainer for 10 minutes, go sit-ups, push ups for 15 minutes, I go on the bike for 15 minutes, I go on the tredmill for 15 minutes. Then I go on the power plate for 10 minutes?

Please help.
    Thank YOU! xxx
This discussion has been closed.