Why was my calorie goal reduced?

snookeroo
snookeroo Posts: 2,008 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I weighed in this morning and lost a total of 11 lbs (yipeee!) After I entered my new weight, MFP suggested I update my goals since I've lost over 10 lbs. So I followed their recomendations and they lowered my daily calorie intake goal from 1690 to 1620. Why did they do this?

Replies

• hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    As your weight decreases, so does your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate). Go to Tools to play around with the calculator to see how this works.
  • I believe the less you weigh the less calories you need to consume. (You dont need as much fuel for a smaller car)... Its the same principal as when I weigh more I burn more calories per exercise than when I weigh less because there is more effort involved.
  • snookeroo
    As your weight decreases, so does your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate). Go to Tools to play around with the calculator to see how this works.

Thanks. That makes sense.
  • snookeroo
    I believe the less you weigh the less calories you need to consume. (You dont need as much fuel for a smaller car)... Its the same principal as when I weigh more I burn more calories per exercise than when I weigh less because there is more effort involved.

Thanks. I'm enjoying my smaller car...less trunk space!

I saw your profile and I'm jealous. I have always wanted to go to England. Enjoy your trip!
This discussion has been closed.