I can't seem to find balance...

Options
I'm not huge on low carbing... I did it for a couple weeks and I was sick, tired and rude. I did see results but I wasn't happy.

I then started to eat "good" carbs... whole oats, whole grains, fruits, veggies etc. And I'm not seeing results anymore.

It's so frustrating because even if I stay under my calories with good carbs I can't loose weight. Low carbing seems the only way but to me that isn't a good way to live.

I HATE eating bacon and eggs, chicken and veggies for lunch and more protein and veggies at dinner. I like meat just not THAT much.

I just need a good balance between carbs and protein I guess. :/ suggestions?

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you reintroduced the carbs? You could try skipping the grains and getting the carbs from fruits and veggies and see if that makes any difference for you.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Yur diary shows you eat around 1400 calories a day...I think you need to eat more. Have you calculated your BMR and TDEE?
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Yur diary shows you eat around 1400 calories a day...I think you need to eat more. Have you calculated your BMR and TDEE?

She is only 4'10 so that may not be too low for her.
  • hintc
    hintc Posts: 15
    Options
    Im no expert ... only on what works for me. I think you should eat how you can live long term .... "diet" shouldnt be part of your vocab .... eat healthy - and make it the way you live ! Lots of fruit and veggies as the biggest part of eating plan, then lean meats, then carbs...... Biggest thing for me is, you have to keep moving - burn a sweat at least 3 times a week ! It helps you feel better - in all sorts of ways, and you will like the way you look better :)
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I read something once (can't remember where) that said that low carbing eliminates a lot of water from your body and that as soon as you re-introduce carbs, You regain some of that water. I don't know if that is accurate but if it is it might just be water loss and re-gain. Also low carbs usually means higher caloric deficits. You might want to stick with the carbs for a few weeks (4) and make sure your calories are about the same as they were when you were doing low carbs.
  • cjh022
    cjh022 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Im not sure about the carb aspect but maybe you could try getting protein from other sources like greek yogurt, peanut butter, etc instead of so much meat? I think i have heard about reintroducing carbs leading to water retention also... it sounds familiar at least. Good luck and stick with it :smile:
  • ohhman10
    Options

She is only 4'10 so that may not be too low for her.

I am only 4"10... 1450 is a good amount for me I feel. I don't usually go too hungry on it either.