does anyone else have a small amount of weight to go?

Sid1988
Sid1988 Posts: 170 Member
I have 16lb left until I have hit goal, i have currently lost 20lbs (slowly over the last 7 months)

I would ideally love to have lost this by June this year.

Is this realistic?

any advise on how to lose those last pounds?

Replies

• Browneyedgirl140
    Browneyedgirl140 Posts: 102 Member
    I think that is a realistic goal, its four months away. You could lose 4 lbs a month in a healthy manner. Great job on the weight loss so far. I don't have any tips on the last few pounds as I am in my last 10. Good luck!
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    I've got around 10 or 15 pounds left to lose too. I'm hoping that June is possible because my brother's wedding is then and I need to look good. :laugh:
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    I have 12. It's been 12 for the last 6 months. I can't get under 12. Seems like just because its only 12 I'm not as serious as I was when I first started, so its still 12. I am so sick of that number.......12
  • I'm in my last 10. I stopped actively trying to lose and switched to maintanence in early December because of the differing holiday eating schedules and food choices. I created my own plateau. I'm planning to switch back to weight loss when the weather breaks and I can be more active outside again.
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    I have 3 more lbs to get to my goal and can tell you that it is not easy to lose those last few lbs! With a lot of will and determination, it can be done. I still have some bad days of eating, but I don't give up! You've gone this far in 7 months, and you can do it.
    I don't know what you do for exercise, but when I was trying to lose the last 10, I added another day of exercise to my week and incorporated lots of weight lifting. It may be taking me a LOOONG time to lose this last 5lbs, but my clothes fit a lot looser because of the inches I've lost due to toning. Taking pictures of my body has helped to show how much smaller I've gotten even though the scale is not moving much or very fast.

Good luck to you!
  • I'm at about 15-20 after losing over 60 in a few years. It was very slow (mostly because I'm diabetic).

I'm thinking of either getting a personal trainer or doing CrossFit to jumpstart my body again. Usually that helps.

Also, I hear upping your cals for a bit while upping your workouts gets you over the hump for the last few pounds.

Good luck!
  • wildchild06241
    wildchild06241 Posts: 130 Member
    I have 9 pounds left to lose by April. I had only 20 to begin with. I have lost at a good weight and am hoping not to reach a plateau!
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    I'm at my last 15lbs ... definitely easier said that done!
  • I'm near the end of my journey and I can't stress how much I want to be done! I want to move into maintainence so I can learn how to properly do that without gaining back all that I've lost. However, the last 12 lbs is killing me!
  • Yes I'd say that's realistic, I have 21 more to go and I'm hoping to be there by august :)
  • watercolormama
    watercolormama Posts: 131 Member
    I live in the zone you are talking about. I set out to lose 10 lb and did so in three months. When you get close to goal, you have to be a lot more careful about choices, with eating and exercise. You simply can't get away with as much. I do 45 minutes on the elliptical three times a week and a weight routine as well. The cardio helps keep the weight off, but the weights, stretching, ab work keep me toned........when I had only lost 6 lbs everyone kept remarking at how much I had lost, but the scale never moved. It was all about toning and redistribution. If I work out 3-4 times a week it's certainly good, but that 5th workout really seems to make a difference in my strength and how much I eat. I just don't feel the need to eat as much.....feeling a lot more peaceful and having more self-control. While our weight room was remodeled this past summer, I skipped the weights and only did power walks which was great, I maintained my weight, but I lost some of that lean trim look I had previously achieved. It seems I really need both. Cutting the empty carbs and adding more fresh greens really helped take off the last weight.

On another note, I think maintaining is a lot more challenging than losing. Weight loss can be exhilarating and then maintenance seems sort of tedious. I have to ask myself a lot of questions....about why I feel the need to eat excessive amounts, what triggers the emotional eating, etc. Asking questions might help work through the insecurities, etc. you deal with. I so loved one of the stories I read by a gal who had lost a lot of weight (maybe 100 lbs) and she said every 10 lbs, she cried and had a nervous breakdown....well, she didn't really, but she had so much 'stuff' to work through, it was tremendously emotional. I could relate to that. All the best to you on this journey. I have every confidence you can reach your goal if you are honest and committed.
  • lpekny
    lpekny Posts: 63 Member
    I have about 10 pounds to go. I have been maintaining for about 8 months. I gained 5 lbs during the holidays and dropped them fairly quickly. Starting tomorrow I am cutting out drinking alcohol for 6 weeks, so I hope maybe that will get the scale moving backwards again.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    I have 3 lbs left and can't wait! It will be a year on March 22nd, so hoping to hit it by then!
  • grward612
    grward612 Posts: 72 Member
    Bump!
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    I only have 8lbs to go! I hit a plateau for about 3 months and I am back to losing now. Hope I reach my goal soon....I have been on this "lifestyle change" since January 2, 2012! :)
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    I have like 8 1/2 pounds left to go, but no timeframe in which to do that. I think I'll be alright XD
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    I need to lose 10 more and it is not wanting to budge!
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    7 lbs left. I originally wanted by march 13 (my birthday) I'll be happy with by June now, I'm probably fine now, certainly look/feel that way but I want to hit that number (100 pounds lost)
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    I need to lose 10 more and it is not wanting to budge!

Have you tried to cut back on your sodium? I started staying at 1200 calories and staying under 2300mg of soidium along with drinking more water for a week and it has started moving again.
  • wigglypeaches
    wigglypeaches Posts: 146 Member
    I've got about 5lb left to go, but I'm not sure that will be realistic as my muscle growth increases. I guess we'll see!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!