Slimming Pills

Options
Hey i have been thinking about taking slimming pills along with my calorie controled diet and exercise. does anyone use them? or is this a bad idea?

Replies

• ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    bad bad
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Why 'bad bad'?
  • rpolzin25
    rpolzin25 Posts: 19
    Options
    The only FDA approved medication that you can take that is over the counter is Alli. But that is a long shot because it has some nasty side effects such as uncontrollable diarrhea and you absolutely must watch what you eat. The best thing to do is forgo pills and eat healthy and exercise. Also, many of the other pills that supposedly work are not all they claim to be. Many of their studies they post are not the exact dose suggested and have more to it than just taking a pill and eating right.
  • ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    see post above.....i just don't believe any diet pills should be consumed. not healthy & none of them work (my opinion)
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    You have no idea what those pills are doing to your organs, heart, liver, etc. I would never take any pills. Healthy eating and exercise is the way to go.
  • michelle42676
    michelle42676 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    All of the "natural" and other type of slimming pills can do a number on your system and actualy make unknowlingly make your health worse. I remember watching some Dr. Oz special (not his current TV show but something on Discovery Health) and he did some test on a woman who was taking them (of course she was also still eating poorly too) and she had some damage she didn't realize.

Safest bet - good diet and exercise. Even though they may "work" (you actual lose weight) there is a possibility of unintended consequences that you will have to deal with later.
  • Rugbychick16
    Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    bad bad

agreed!! I don't think there is any reason to put anything into your body that you don't need!
  • kaylada89
    kaylada89 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about adios, i know some people that have took it.
  • JJRunning
    JJRunning Posts: 146
    Options
    I've used some and had great results... the problem is... you can't use them forever! It's much better to exercise, eat right, and make a life time adjustment! I don't know about you, but I'd like to be thin for month than a few months!! :laugh:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I have taken them in past just to gain the weight back. so last 2 years been doing stuff healthy way
  • cbmillz
    cbmillz Posts: 16
    Options
    How does everyone feel about GNC Active Multivitamins? I know they aren't diet pills but do they help you feel better after working out??? Do you think they are necessary?