Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ladies ~ C'mere

♥seoid♥
♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Do you log your weight on TOM weeks?

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    I watch it but I don't log the increase unless it doesn't go away.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I don't even weigh when I'm on it. I don't want to see the number. :tongue:
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    I do log it, i know it's just a temporary change and that there is nothing i can do to stop it.:grumble:
  • kingnatalie
    kingnatalie Posts: 163
    yes, I log it. Your body is always changing weight slightly. TOM is just another part of your bodies cycle... love it or hate it. Fortunately for me my weigh in is on Sunday, so my TOM is over by then. You could pick a weigh in day 1 or 2 days after your cycle is over if you have a predictable somewhat short cycle.
  • I never notice any difference at that time....
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Yep.

Weighed on Sunday, which was day 8 of a CONTINUING cycle. ARGH!

Day 10, now.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Yeah but I usually weigh myself two or three times that week pick the one I like best. :wink:
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    If it's a gain - NOPE! If it's a loss, YUP! :)
  • Vonne
    Vonne Posts: 33
    I didn't log the gain this time but I'm glad you asked the question Seoid! I've been wondering what others do...I always go up between 1-3lbs during TOM I try not to weigh during that time but at some point it usually have to peak.
  • chandnikhondji
    chandnikhondji Posts: 136 Member
    I don't weigh at all, i am looking forward though to the day when i find a scale that can carry me AND tell me my weight. It's still a long way but i know i can do it :)
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    I don't have a TOM anymore (so to speak) WOO HOOOOOOOOO :laugh:
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    If it's a gain - NOPE! If it's a loss, YUP! :)
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I like that way of thinking
  • xchrysalisx
    xchrysalisx Posts: 101
    i rarely ever get one so it makes no difference to me
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    I do... but I typically start on a Mon or Tues and my weigh day is Fri morning. Sometimes I see a slight increase the Friday before, sometimes not. So my weighs are kind of timed around it. :laugh:
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    I log my weight whenever I weigh myself....it may be once a week or sometimes once a day....whether it goes up or down....its MY record of what MY body is doing....I love that a year from now I will be able to go back and look at ups and downs compare them to the eating or exercise and see what works for me and what doesnt. As for my TOM - think about the knowledge that you will have 6 months from now ...knowing that that week each month you gained on average X pounds...I bet that 7th month when you gain that weight you wont fret over it anymore.
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    I have to. I have Monday weigh ins for my competition. But, also my body is very weird. I lost 3 pounds in a week last TOM compared with the typical 2 I lose most weeks.

There's no weigh-in god that's gonna smack you down if you don't weigh in during TOM. If it depresses you, skip it. If you can look at it and think to yourself that it's all the TOM and not to worry, you're just learning your body - then more power to you, weigh in.

Whatever helps you and makes you comfortable to continue this journey - do it.
This discussion has been closed.