Stuck and nor progress.

Options
Ok, I've been at this for over 40 days. First 10 pounds came off the first month, but not much progress these last two weeks. In fact, I gained a pound since last weigh in. Everyone was telling me to take a day off from training, so I did. One last week and one this week. I'm thinking I need to crank up the cardio or something. I really want to stay on the 2 lb/week weight loss track. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Replies

• Abi_bug04
    Options
    I just recently started to use the TDEE/BMR method and absolutely love it!
    It let's me eat to my fill (!!!!!) and also makes me very aware of what I am putting in my body!
    I was referred to the "spreadsheet" which does all the calculations for you (you just need to put in your exercise amounts for the week, and it calculates the net amount of calories you should be eating. It also decreases the chances of a plateau, and adjusts your calorie goals as you lose weight!

You can download it from here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/heybales/view/spreadsheet-ver-3-for-bmr-tdee-deficit-calcs-macro-calcs-hrm-zones-426221

I generally stick to the "simple setup" tab because it is straight forward. I may go into it a bit more and tweak it once I have lost more weight, however for now I am sticking to that! I then just manually change my MFP settings to the target indicated by the spreadsheet. Afterwards, I don't add in any exercise, unless I do something absolutely intense. I thought that this method took away the uncertainty of wondering about how many calories were right for me based on my activity level!

Just another option that makes all of this simpler!

Good luck!
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    You are still losing at a good rate. Look at it as a trend, not each week. You will not lose each and every week.. some weeks you will lose, some you will gain and some you will not see a change.

By your ticker you don't have a lot left to lose so you should not be striving for 2lbs per week. With how much you have left to lose, 2lbs per week is far too high. Too high of a deficit and you will be losing muscle.

Set your goal to 0.5lbs per week. By your ticker you only have 22lbs left to lose so don't try to lose it too quickly.
  • JohnnyBravo64
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. The only reason I set it to 2lbs/week was my circuit class will end and I was hoping to meet my goal around the same time, but I totally understand what you're saying. I'll make the modifications.