Can anyone tell me if I am truly burning the number of calor

KellyBurton1
KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I do the video " Walk away the pounds" you can do 1 mile and it takes 15 mins 2miles 30 and 3 miles 45. I feel its a great workout but I wonder if im truly burning that much calories. When I put it in I go under circuit training. I would hate to eat more and not know I really didnt burn that much off. Any ideas?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    Is it circuit training? or walking? Circuit training burns twice as many calories as walking at a brisk 3.5 MPH pace
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    I have the same problem. I don't know if I'm eating to much even when working out. grrr
  • I guess the real question here would be, is there some sort of gadget that will help tell you how fast you're walking when you do the "Walk Away the Pounds" videos, if there is then you'll be able to decide how many calories you're actually burning because you'll have your speed & know the amount of time you took to complete the workout. I have the same issue with these videos & I'm starting to feel like maybe I should try something a bit more accurate.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    heart rate monitor :happy:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    I guess the real question here would be, is there some sort of gadget that will help tell you how fast you're walking when you do the "Walk Away the Pounds" videos, if there is then you'll be able to decide how many calories you're actually burning because you'll have your speed & know the amount of time you took to complete the workout. I have the same issue with these videos & I'm starting to feel like maybe I should try something a bit more accurate.

If you are doing 1 mile in 15 min then you are walking at 4 MPH. Log it under walking, very Brisk 4.0 MPH for the amount of time you do it for
  • amesnc
    amesnc Posts: 32
    When I do that video I enter my exercise at walking at either 3.0 MPH or 3.5 MPH depending on how hard I am working the video. Hope that helps!
  • I guess the real question here would be, is there some sort of gadget that will help tell you how fast you're walking when you do the "Walk Away the Pounds" videos, if there is then you'll be able to decide how many calories you're actually burning because you'll have your speed & know the amount of time you took to complete the workout. I have the same issue with these videos & I'm starting to feel like maybe I should try something a bit more accurate.

If you are doing 1 mile in 15 min then you are walking at 4 MPH. Log it under walking, very Brisk 4.0 MPH for the amount of time you do it for

Thanks. This should basically answer the question.
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    I've done those videos and I log them as low impact aerobics, because there are different steps to it, and it seems to me a little more than just regular walking. Everyone does it differently I guess, but I don't think it would be circuit training.
  • sassycurlzss
    sassycurlzss Posts: 47 Member
    Only true way to tell your cals and it even works everywhere you go! ;) HEART RATE monitor!! I got one pit in my personal info and love it! I burn WAY more than the machines tell me and I can keep going when I lift after! I can't wait to use it on a bike ride outside!
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    I just checked the exercise database. For me, low impact aerobics and brisk walking 4 mph for 15 minutes burn the exact amount of calories, so I guess what I am putting is okay.
  • kitchuses
    kitchuses Posts: 12
    i logged them in as high impact aerobics. it is quite the workout. i have done low impact before, and i didn't get quite the workout as i did with the three mile workout.
  • kitchuses
    kitchuses Posts: 12
    i logged them in as high impact aerobics. it is quite the workout. i have done low impact before, and i didn't get quite the workout as i did with the three mile workout.
This discussion has been closed.