exercise

Options
Does anyone know what the best arm exercises are to help tone your arms??

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure there is a singular best exercise. Some pull exercise to work the biceps, some push exercise to work the tricep, then enough weight/fat loss to expose the underlying muscle.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    "Toning" simply means to lose the fat so that your muscles show up better.

Thus, since you can't spot reduce fat, there isn't a really good answer to your specific question.

That said, pretty much any upper-body exercise - especially rows and pull/chin-ups - will work the biceps - and dips and bench press or push-ups will work your triceps, so they'll look good once you lose the fat. Also, you'll do well to incorporate some lower body work (squats, lunges, various forms of deadlifts) to work your leg muscles, so they'll look good, too.
  • turbojam_rocks
    turbojam_rocks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thank-you very much for your reply:smile:
    My arms just seem to be my worst trouble spot for me and want to make them less flabby LOL..
    Also in your opinion ,,would resistance bands work?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Thank-you very much for your reply:smile:
    My arms just seem to be my worst trouble spot for me and want to make them less flabby LOL..
    Also in your opinion ,,would resistance bands work?

Less flabby is a fat issue... focus more on your diet, or if you're seeing results then just be more patient.

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Sure - you can set them up to emulate many different exercises - including most of the ones I mentioned.

eta: Also, what jackson said.
  • turbojam_rocks
    turbojam_rocks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks:smile: I will try that !! And yes..I just need to be patient..