What book(s) are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Oh lol, I just posted a similar thread. Oh well, I'll just keep tabs on these responses too then. :)
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Sacred by Dennis Lehane. It's the third in the Kenzie/Gennaro series. Just a little mystery fluff before I start something dark and heavy again. I do love Dennis Lehane. He throws some mad twists into his books.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    I'm working my way through the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. It's a really good series! Life of Pi is next on my list

YES!!!! I LOVE THOSE BOOKS! It is honestly one of the few things I actually look forward to every year, when he releases the next book. Fantastic choice of reading!!!

I absolutely love them so far! I have no idea how I didn't know about them until recently!
  • jessmoore_84
    Options
    Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm on the fourth book of A Song of Ice and Fire :)
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm about 60 pages in to Arcadia by Lauren Groff and I have been sucked in... made the mistake of starting it before bed last night and didnt want to put it down!
  • mingecrackers
    Options
    'Running with Scissors' by Augusten Burroughs
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Trout Kill by Paul Dage a Northwest writer. This book is not one of your happy dance books but certainly one that kept me interested and waiting for his next book.

Shirley in Oregon
  • Nerdinista
    Nerdinista Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Finished "Wheel of Time", well done! I'm on book 5 and I know it's literaly going to take a decade to finish (I read a lot in between books). A Song of Ice and Fire (aka Game of Thrones) is another good, dense sorta-fantasy series. I just started "City of Bones", too early to tell if I'll like it or not though. Yay reading! :drinker:
  • KrissyKris10
    KrissyKris10 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    my Leisure reading is kind of going at a snail's pace. mostly because I'm stuck in the whole of textbooks right now. I've been working on A Storm of Swords though. It's the 3rd book of the Game of Thrones series
  • sarahanncarson
    sarahanncarson Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    James Patterson's "Zoo". I've pretty much read every single thing he's ever written and love it all :)
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm on book 9 of the Anita Blake series. I have to say it is quite interesting. I'm in the middle of quite a few series just waiting for next books to be available.
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Should start reading the wheel of time - got so far and then the kids came along.

Re-reading Lord of the rings (having a race with my 8 year old) and also have new Viral on the go by Kathy Reiches ( I know its a kid book but its a bit of light reading). Also have a couple on the go on the kindle.
  • alreedy
    Options
    I am reading that too right now. I really like it so far. I am about half way through it. :)
  • timpicks
    timpicks Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Just finished Howard Zinn's "The People's History of the US": interesting but grueling. Needed to lighten up so am currently reading "Freaky Deaky" by Elmore Leonard and am in the middle of Terry Pratchett's Discworld series with my 10 year old son. Next are short stories by Mavis Gallant.
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm reading "The Unvanquished" by William Faulkner - for the third time!
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options
    Fascinating Womanhood.
  • redbreva
    redbreva Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Daylightwar by Peter V Brett, (Follows 'The Warded Man' and 'Desert Spear'), or if you like large 'Space Opera' type of Sci-Fi the works of Peter F Hamilton
  • Faded_Memories
    Options
    George RR Martin's " A Dance with Dragons 2: After the Feast ". Half way through.