How many grams of carbs is best to do daily?

Options
Hi,
I'm currently trying to change my diet a little and wanted to know how many grams of carbs is best to do daily. My friend told me 30 grams, but to me that is too low. I was thinking 80 grams or less. What do you suggest? I think the reason why the scale is not budging before is because I my intake was too much of carbs, but still working at 1200-1300 calories a day along with exercise.

Replies

• LemonMint6
    Options
    It depends, is your friend suggesting you do a ketogenic diet? 30 or less net carbs (carbs minus fiber) is a ketogenic diet. 50g (net) is still low carb, 100g (net) is STILL lower carb...

I have found that for myself, I gravitate toward a lower carb diet when I eat healthy, even unintentionally.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    How ever many are left over after you hit your protein and fat minimums.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm currently trying to change my diet a little and wanted to know how many grams of carbs is best to do daily. My friend told me 30 grams, but to me that is too low. I was thinking 80 grams or less. What do you suggest? I think the reason why the scale is not budging before is because I my intake was too much of carbs, but still working at 1200-1300 calories a day along with exercise.

I do best if I keep my carbs below 100gr a day. I don't strive for keto levels because I tried it and it doesn't make me feel too good.
  • Destinee704
    Destinee704 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It depends, is your friend suggesting you do a ketogenic diet? 30 or less net carbs (carbs minus fiber) is a ketogenic diet. 50g (net) is still low carb, 100g (net) is STILL lower carb...

I have found that for myself, I gravitate toward a lower carb diet when I eat healthy, even unintentionally.

Thanks for the advise. As for my friend I shouldn't consider her because she had a lap band surgery and she also now weigh way lesser than me now since the surgery.
  • Destinee704
    Destinee704 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I do best if I keep my carbs below 100gr a day. I don't strive for keto levels because I tried it and it doesn't make me feel too good.

Thanks for the advise that means I'm going on the right path.