Afraid Of The Scale

Options
13»

Replies

• amyncrook
    Options
    If I do not eat enough calories, I simply stop losing weight, "cheat more" and lose motivation. I used to think eating less equals weight loss. Now I realize eating ENOUGH healthy and the right types of food equals weight loss. If I am hungry I eat a small handful of almonds and drink a glass of water. It almost always helps. If not, I know I did not eat a good meal at the last meal time and I eat something with protein and a fruit or veggie. I also do not allow myself to weigh in more than once a week. Women's weight fluctuates so much that I only go with my once a week weight. Also, it really is better to measure, not weigh. I looked over my records and weigh 178.8 with a 35.5 inch waist. Two years ago, I was 173.5 pounds with a 35.5 inch waist. My waist is the same, but I weigh more now. I understand the weight thing with the doctor and the surgery. Just be patient and don't run faster than you have strength. The most important things for me is always my mind set and if I believe I can and Believe I am doing my best! Good Luck!
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I received a couple of messages (off of this post) which were also helpful and encouraging.

One MFP sister talked about gluten and bread products. That's when I realized that I had added bread to my food plan recently that would not have been typical. I had a sour dough roll with my birthday dinner. I had a Subway sandwich divided into 3 meals and a Quiznos sandwich divided into 2 meals, while my hubbie and I were traveling. I even ate 3 muffins with cheese spread during the past week. This has been a really 'bready week' for me.

The other friend suggested that I was getting too anxious about my surgery and made me remember to put my trust in my Lord. He never fails me. That was probably the most important thing that I need to remember today. If it wasn't for Him, I would have no hope; but with Him, anything is possible. I did lose weight this week...0.4 pounds...even when I was sure that I had gained weight. That's why I pray, before a step on the scale.

Again...thank you good friends of MFP.
  • Hanfordrose
    Options
    If you really want to snack, find something low calorie that takes a long time to eat. One of my favorites is cold cereal like Cheerios or Kix or veggies like baby carrots or sugar snap peas. I'll measure out a specific serving size to fit my calorie allotment then eat it one piece at a time. No more than one. It takes a long time to eat 100 calories of Cheerios that way!

Thanks for that idea. I actually like Rice Crispies, but I am trying to imagine eat them one at a time. Those are really tiny. :laugh:

On the other hand, I like Rice Chex. I just found out that a cup of Rice Chex is exactly 100 calories. That would be better than something in one of those prepacked 100 calorie pouch with lots of salt and sugar.
  • winterswish
    Options

On the other hand, I like Rice Chex. I just found out that a cup of Rice Chex is exactly 100 calories. That would be better than something in one of those prepacked 100 calorie pouch with lots of salt and sugar.

^^^Love hearing this, especially since the first thread I read from you was about the financial cost of those 100 calorie packs! You're doing it! Keep up the hard work. :)
  • Hanfordrose
    Options

^^^Love hearing this, especially since the first thread I read from you was about the financial cost of those 100 calorie packs! You're doing it! Keep up the hard work. :)

I just made 12 baggies of Rice Chex @ 100 calories each. They definitely contain more to eat than the prepacked snacks and have almost none of the sugar and salt of the other snacks. Those baggies will now become a part of my snack choices. As I use up the remaining commercial snacks, I will be needing more of these healthy alternatives.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I just made 12 baggies of Rice Chex @ 100 calories each. They definitely contain more to eat than the prepacked snacks and have almost none of the sugar and salt of the other snacks. Those baggies will now become a part of my snack choices. As I use up the remaining commercial snacks, I will be needing more of these healthy alternatives.
    I like rice chex, too! So glad I could help a little and congrats on the weight loss this week. No matter how small any loss is better than a gain. :happy: