A little discouraged...........

Options
2»

Replies

• Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Think of it as a great thing because it is a steady number. You can look at it as not only being water weight, but a loss that you can keep going with. Great job!
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    8lbs in 8 weeks is fantastic! No need for discouragement...
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Like many have said. 8lbs in 8 wks is amazing.

Have you considered taking measurements & photos. I know as I gain tone, I don't notice immediately. But if I look @ body measurements & photos I'll see the difference immediately.
  • Celina429
    Celina429 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Your topic should be "very encouraged" because you are doing great! I agree with all of your replies, you are right on track! Celebrate that girl! :) Feel free to add me, it's fun making new friends! :)
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I am a little discouraged also. I am eating super well and I exercise every single day using a heat rate monitor and I have lost 0 pounds in 2 weeks. I lost a total of 5 pounds the first 2 weeks but none since.......NONE? I am eating low carb because I am diabetic but also staying in a normal calorie range. i eat 1325 calories a day sometimes a few more and i can't seem to lose any weight. This is TDEE -20% so it is supposed to be the right amount of calories for me and I don't eat sugar flour or grains. HELP!!!

if you're exercising then it could be that your gaining some muscle and muscle is heavier than fat... you also need to let your body rest, working out every day isn't good... use measurements to keep track of your progress... you can also take a picture same day/time every week to visualize your progress.

Not true. It is not possible to gain muscle on a deficit.

You do need to let your body rest, as excessive exercise will cause your body to retain excess water and glycogen weight. Better than pictures is measurements. Measure your body weekly.
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Exercising and eating pretty good but yo yo with weight. Weight loss is more than posted because I wasn't logging. So far, I've lost 8 lbs in about 8 weeks. Does this seem okay? I'm trying not to become discouraged.

Lose any faster and you are potentially going to cause yourself alot of problems! AND if it's a big loss overall you're going for, doing it slowly will reduce the amount of excess skin I would imagine! You're doing really well, there's no reason for you to get discouraged. You are right on track! :)