Hi, I'm nervous...

Options
2»

Replies

• tnsons
    tnsons Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can do this - It truly is all about calories in vs calories burned. You must log everything you eat. I use to be "oh well i will just eat the salad, or I will skip the fries or chips and just have the sandwich" but untill you realize the calories in food you just have no idea what you are eating. The best thing I did was buy a pedometer type thing that tells me exactly how many calories I burn a day.T hen boom when I haveburned 3500 calories more than I have eaten - there goes a pound. Just take is slow and do not get discouraged or down on yourself if you mess up - Best of luck!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    yeah, do not be nervous, you will only be slaughtered in a week, KIDDING!!!!
    WELCOME! YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    HI,
    You can do this! Welcome to MFP. that is the first step. The next step is to honestly and faithly enter everything you eat and all of your exercise. If you do this, you will start seeing results. Feel free to add me.

On a side note, I grew up in Racine. Went to Goodland, Starbuck and Case. I'm a bit older than you and have been away from Racine for many years and haven't been back in about a year. Always loved drives to Windpoint Lighthouse and by the lake. I miss "The Farm" custard, but that definitely has to be a thing of the past.

You can do this!!!
  • kwimpress
    Options
    I feel the same, please add me, we will do it together as a community!
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    SLOW AND STEADY KEEPS EVERYONE HAPPY. Set small short term goals, forget long term...They come when you start acheiving the short ones, and it feels as though your accomplishing more. If you are hopping off the couch to str8 into exercising.....Start with walking and work your way up to a brisk walk...progress from there...that way there's no injuries and stretch.

Nutrition is a diet.............Nutrition with exercise is a LIFESTYLE.
  • lucyinthesky2007
    lucyinthesky2007 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi! And welcome! You can do this and you've definitely come to the right place. You've been given great info so far. There's so much helpful info here and lots of supportive people. Good luck! And feel free to add me if you want :)
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome to MFP. Make a few friends and dedicate yourself to logging every meal / every day. Educate yourself on how to eat to nourish your body (there are many great resources here) and you'll find yourself motivated and moving toward a healthier you. If you get discouraged, hang in there. If you quit, come back and try again. If you get confused, ask questions. Drink your water, Get some exercise, even if it's just taking your little one for a walk in the stroller. You can do this.
  • lightdiva1
    lightdiva1 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!!!!!! I don't know where your starting out or how far you have to go but getting healthy is not really all that hard. (and I say this as an ex junk food addict) Here's how I got started.

Take it one day at a time, one meal at a time. Make changes you know you can and start out slowly. I say I am a turtle on a journey. I have lost 22 pounds so far in 37 days, and have another 138 to loose. Its not a race!!! It is not a mission! It is a journey, where you learn to take care of yourself better, and feel better, and change your life for the better.
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome here. Be patient and compassionate with yourself. You can do it, we can help!