Loosing baby weight!

Options
Hello everyone! I have been using MFP for a little over a year, I lost 47 pounds before I found out I was pregnant with my first baby. I am currently 38 weeks pregnant and have gained 30 pounds. I am hoping to find other recent moms who are trying to loose the baby weight, and looking for support. I will be a first time mom so I know I could use all the support I can get!! Please add me as a friend if you are looking for the same things!! :)

Replies

• SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I just had my daughter January 14th of this year so I will add you. :) congrats mama!

Oh and forgive me did a quick skim of your post and just read you are a first time mama. This is my second :) trust me the weight does come off, and you can have a nice flat stomach with work. If you look through my pics all of them (minus the mirror pic of me in black pants) are post first baby. I suggest to get your abs back to where they were to use pilates and cardio, I am convinced pilates saved my abs the first time. I am now doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, but I am also doing my base pilates moves too. Look forward to sharing progress!
  • Danipri22
    Danipri22 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My baby is almost 22 weeks old :) I only started trying to shift the baby weight in december because I had a c-section. But so far, I've lost 21lbs by just eating tidy. Feel free to add me xx
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a 6 month old and am trying to get the baby weight off. Almost down 60 pounds from when she was born! Ill add you!
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    is three years ago recent enough? LOL. Add me if it is.
  • shytrevoak
    shytrevoak Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have a 5 month old. I started working out after a month. I'm still losing and doing great! Add me if you like :)
  • Santerre1984
    Santerre1984 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just had my baby 10/29/13. I tipped my scale and gained a good 45 lbs. I was miserable after having my daughter because I felt SOOOOOOOO big. I just couln't get the weight off. I am proud to say after 3.5 months I lost all the weight because of MFP and loving it. I still feel fat and haven't reached my goal weight but I feel better about going places now.
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am a mommy of 7. My babies turned one last week. My eldest is 8. I am currently a little under my wedding weight. The baby weight can come off it just takes work. Great job only gaining 30 pounds with my first I gained 80! You are doing great! Nursing can really help too. It does make you a little hungrier, but that is why our bodies store fat during pregnancy is to provide the fuel to make milk. I bet you can't wait to get that sweet baby in your arms! :)
  • fruitful9
    Options
    When losing weight with my first, I was only 20 and it was a snap. I lost 33 lbs in 12 days. (not fair, I know) different story with each baby. My ninth is almost 3yrs and I can say that being 40+yrs makes a huge difference on trying to shift weight. After #4 was born I was thinking that was the last baby so I joined Weigh Down and lost about 40 lbs...got down to a size 8, I was yummy (so my dh said). Now I would just settle for a size 12 and a good pushup bra. (nursing nine babies...they are just tired now)
    I would have to second the reminder to keep those abs in shape. That is a huge factor for me, since belly jiggle just gets me down and I tend to eat then. Don't "eat for two"...that isn't a true statement, just eat til you are satisfied and keep yourself active. That will make sure your metabolism doesn't fall asleep and baby stays healthy, too.
    What ever activity you can do while pregnant you can do almost immediately after baby so don't wait and get out of habit of that.
  • clari_netter
    clari_netter Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just had my first baby - he's now eight weeks old. I'd lost weight before I got pregnant then piled it all back on and some extra just for good measure so have a way to go and it's not easy as you don't get a whole lot of sleep. I'm finding the combination of no sleep, being at home most of the time and breastfeeding just makes me want to eat! It'd be great if you want to add me!
  • Kimistry_
    Options
    I also need to lose some baby weight, but mine has been hanging on for two years. :( With my first it came right off. For some reason I thought the same would happen with my second, but it stayed on plus a little more!
  • natascha212
    natascha212 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    everybody add me
  • mommyelly85
    Options
    My Stats
    27 yrs old
    Mother of 3
    Height 5' 3"
    Highest Weight while pregnant 230lbs (Twins)
    Highest Weight not pregnant 192lbs
    Current Weight 161lbs
    Goal Weight 125lbs
  • jtfish112
    jtfish112 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm a 3 x Mommy of a precious baby girl born Jan 4th. I lost about 40 lbs before I found out about this little "surprise" and would like to tackle the 25 lbs left to get back to pre-pregnancy weight. I'm looking for some friends that are sharing the same goals to build my support team. Please add me if you want :)
  • jobears1313
    Options
    I had my second baby 7 months ago with baaaad complications from the c-section. I gained 80 pounds with her and I have 18 pounds to go before I am at my pre-pregnancy weight but 25 to lose to be at my "before my first child came along" weight. Started 15 days ago and have lost 4.8 pounds due to quit a bit of slipping up :/. I have no friends as of yet but definitly looking for folks in the same shoes as me!