Simple Question

Options

Replies

• Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    The nuns... No.

Being young and not having all the responsibilities I do now... Yes.

It's not a school now so I can't go back.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Yes, I miss getting wasted everyday.

Leaving high school is reason to stop.
  • Getyourshineon
    Options
    I miss some of the friends I made in high school, but no way would I ever want to go through it again. I have real pain in my heart for my own Senior in High School who hates it with a passion... She can't get out fast enough! Kids are just plain mean at that age!
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    High school was fun compared to being an adult with mortgage and kids.

If I could go back in time, I'd tell myself to put down the comic books and hit the gym more often. Oh yeah, and definitely call up that one girl that had a crush but didn't say anything until the 10 year reunion.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I don't remember high school.

me neither

You drank too much in the Navy and college and burned out those brain cells as well? :laugh:
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Loved it. I'm still good though so I don't really "miss it".
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Why the H-E-double hockey sticks would I want to do that again? So I can be a lonely, fat, band geek, AND a computer nerd? I'm sure I'd be a computer geek in todays times. No thanks.
  • CharliesInCharge
    CharliesInCharge Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    nah writing on those stone tablets and using that abacus was a real pain.. and all my friends drove cooler dinosaurs
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    high school hell no! College, yes!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    high school hell no! College, yes!

This!

I left high school early (and started college classes) because I hated it so much. Haven't been to a reunion and don't plan on attending one either.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Yes, I miss getting wasted everyday.

Leaving high school is reason to stop.

But pot is way too expensive when you don't have your older brother around to steal it from.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Didn't go.
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    I don't remember high school.

me neither

You drank too much in the Navy and college and burned out those brain cells as well? :laugh:

huh? :smokin:
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Given that all of my friends would be there too, yes I would love to go back. I am still friends all these years later with so many of my friends from then, but we are all so spread apart we don't get to see each other often. I wasn't cool, or popular, but I wasn't a nerd either. My friends and I were very confident people, accepting of others, and we didn't give a crap what anyone thought of us. I often wonder where that confidence went.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    i am probably such a good pianist from trying to escape high school.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    No way!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I miss high school in that I didnt have any real problems or responsibilities.. I didnt have bills, an apartment, etc. I did what I wanted and didnt really forsee consequences. But, thats what being a teenager is about...sigh.
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    no, no have 2 high schoolers now and so uhm don't!!
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Sometimes. I had a larger circle of close friends then. I miss that. I also miss the bands I was a part of. I'm trying to find ways to get some of those feelings back by developing new circles of friends and new hobbies.

I miss the lack of responsibility sometimes too. I even sometimes miss being a student (I love learning!)

However, I enjoy a lot of my adulthood now too. I like the lack of drama and the fact that I'm in control of my own life now (for better and for worse). Independence is a great thing. Plus, I never really dated much in high school, whereas now I'm happily married. :wink:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    It was hard. Some mean kids but many problems were within myself.

I went from a Lutheran School class of 16 people to a public high school class of 500. I knew 3 people, got lost and was late to every class my first day. I made plenty of friends from different groups, some good people and some bad people. When you are desperate to make friends you don't always choose the best. The first friend I made was a Native American girl who did coke in the bathroom a ton. She was nice and dependable to me but hung out with much older guys, one of which charged me a VERY hefty finders fee when I asked him to buy me beer (I NOW know that 2 cases and a handle of cheap whiskey do not cost $70). The goodie girls I hung out with disowned me when I lost my virginity, I have deleted most of them from facebook. They are extremely arrogant and snobbish as adults. B y my senior year I was really into drugs and boys and was band groupie. I was living like Penny from 'Almost famous' and barely graduated.

I would NOT want to go back but if I had to, with the knowledge and confidence I have now.