Inner Thigh

Options
I have "thunder thighs" and I've really been trying to work my inner thighs a lot (I do upper body and core too so I'm balanced). I do cardio plus squats, high abductors, and leg press but I was hoping someone knew some other exercises I can do to really get rid of the fat on my thighs

Replies

• ecilaaa
    Options
    Do training for your hamstrings. I split my leg days in quad and hamstring days and I found tht really helped shrink my legs and reduce inner thigh fat :)
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Spot reduction is a myth. Sorry.
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options

True, but spot toning is real. Unfortunately, this is a difficult spot to tone.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options

This.

You're wasting your time if you think you can get rid of fat by targeting the muscles in that area. You'll build the muscles up, but the fat comes off with a calorie deficit.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    it stinks but...what you read in this thread is the truth. for women especially, fat on thighs and belly is the very last to come off. if you want to do something quick to tighten up leg muscles start lifting heavy. when i started deadlifting and doing squats my thighs tightened up within two weeks.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options

What do you mean by "toning"? Toning either means building muscle - which may be what OP wants, but that will make her thighs bigger, not smaller. Or, it means reducing fat to reveal the muscle definition underneath - and spot reduction of fat is not possible.
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options

Cool. She can have great thigh muscles under the fat.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    You can build muscle on your inner thighs doing the things you are doing, leading to a firmer more athletic look. If that's the goal, add lunges to your plan. However the only way to lose the fat there is to lose the fat everywhere, and for a lot of women that is one of the slowest places for it to go.