Too large for HRM??

I am super-obese. My chest is like 60 inches i believe....will i be able to wear the chest strap that goes with an HRM? Particularly the Polar FT7? I want to purchase one, but if it can't fit...I would be very annoyed. Also, it would be more prudent for me to wait until I can fit one.

ANY help or feedback will be most appreciated!

Replies

• RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    I have seen on here that people over 300 pounds have used the chest strap.

It does extend quite wide and is stretchy. You can always ask to try one on for fit they may even come up with a solution if it doesnt :)
  • curvynblonde
    curvynblonde Posts: 170 Member
    I hahest strap and they really do get quite big. They're very adjustable :)
  • Dougf90
    Dougf90 Posts: 95 Member
    Polar FT7 strap is 39" at the highest setting. I got it to stretch all the way to 65 inches.
  • TheRightWeigh
    TheRightWeigh Posts: 249 Member
    Thank you all! I believe I will bite the bullet and make the purchase! Y'all are great!
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Good going! I just got mine a few days ago... was gonna go measure it for you but I see others have done so. :-) Good luck!
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Thank you all! I believe I will bite the bullet and make the purchase! Y'all are great!

AWESOME!!! You wont look back, they are a great tool to have.

All the best on your progress :)
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member

If anything, you get it, it doesn't fit...you work out like a mad rockstar and put in the time and then it will fit! NSV FOR YOU! DO IT DO IT!
  • Nacho12
    Nacho12 Posts: 164 Member
    Several years agothere was a very large guy in our water aerobics class. I think he weighed 500+ pounds. He was able to get an extension belt so that it fit him. I'm sure you could get one if you called customer service.
  • Easy to extend one yourself I think, so long as you only extend the fabric at the back.