New to site

Options
Just join today and looking to meet some new people and get help and motivation on losing the weight..

Amanda

Replies

• smilogirl
    smilogirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    welcome!! I just joined yesterday!
  • andygirl
    andygirl Posts: 18
    Options
    you will love this place! Welcome and congrats on making the choice for a healthier lifestyle :)
  • Sebastiansmommy
    Options
    Welcome to the both of you:flowerforyou:
  • BethMotley
    Options
    :laugh: Hello, my name is Beth. I am 50 and have decided to quit making excuses for my weight gain. I'm LAZY! That is why I put on 50 lbs.I joined fitness pal in January of 2010 and have lost 16.2 lbs. I could not have done it without this website. Keeping track of my food is very important because, society has increased the portion sizes at least 300%. I weigh my food and work out 1 hour 5 days a week on an elliptical, and I feel better than I ever have.
    610118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • ropsnik
    ropsnik Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You have chosen the right web site to track your calories, weight and measurements. More importantly, you can see the improvements if you follow the plan. And it is a bonus to follow the community message boards when you need help on a topic.

I have had Diabetes for 6 years. Bad knees and being overweight were all part of my excuses for my sedintary lifestyle. All of the diet fads, gimics etc do not work until you make "a lifestyle change" that includes eating healty and exercise. They go hand in hand.

I have lost 41 pounds since January 1. My recent blookwork went from being off the charts and they all now are in the normal range. My motivation is to live a healthy retirement and enjoy quality of life. This web site keeps me on track.

Best regards!
  • BethMotley
    Options
    Use this website faithfully. If I am going out to eat, I actually check the restaurant I'm going to eat at, and decide ahead of time what I will eat. That way I can make healthy choices because, I all ready know how many calories a portion size has. I also ask for a to go box first thing. Take half off my plate and put it in the box. That makes two meals out of one and I'm not eating all the calories in one sitting. I sit most of the day, so I had to get moving. I also had to admit that I'm the problem. Not anything else, but me. I'm responsible for my actions, good or bad. This website is a jewel. Use it, and you will see results. The best of luck to you as you make this journey with us. Beth