Best time to exercise?

Options
13»

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    ^^^ I hope they show up, I'd be interested in that research. :-)

I hope they do too...

...because otherwise, I'm just going to look stupid...

...and if there's one thing I don't ever want to do, it's look stupid on MFP*.

(* again, today...for at least the fifth time.)

Even though there's still hope I could be right, I have to admit, it would be for the wrong reasons. I was thinking of the "post-training feeding window" thing. So even if I'm accidentally right, I'm still wrong. People with actual knowledge and real cuts and everything may now continue their discussion. =P

Proofreading my post hours later: "cuts" was supposed to be "cites". I'd complain about autocorrect, but I guess it could have been a lot worse.
  • martinh78
    Options
    This guy does pretty well working out in the evenings and through the middle of the night (Dean Karnazes, Ultramarathon Man).

karnazes_dean1.jpg

I wanna be as fit as him when I'm 40!
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    any time , theres NO SUCH THING as a good time , obviously dont go doing squats just after u have eaten , wont be pretty :)
  • KellyDeitrick
    KellyDeitrick Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for all of the comments. I did work out at 9pm last night and did have a little bit of a hard time sleeping. However, I think I am going to adjust my bedtime just a bit and then I think I will be okay.

I have to tell you it felt absolutely wonderful to be able to workout with no distractions and just focus on me and being consistent in my workout. That is the key...this is a journey, not a one day trip.

Thanks again!:bigsmile:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for all of the comments. I did work out at 9pm last night and did have a little bit of a hard time sleeping. However, I think I am going to adjust my bedtime just a bit and then I think I will be okay.

I have to tell you it felt absolutely wonderful to be able to workout with no distractions and just focus on me and being consistent in my workout. That is the key...this is a journey, not a one day trip.

Thanks again!:bigsmile:

Awesome. Great start. Hope this time continues to work for you.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    now
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    There is no perfect time, all that matters is you do it! Even fitness Guru Tony Horton says the same thing!

that being said, working out in the morning gives you energy and gets it done for the day

night...it gives you a good thing to look forward to if you were stressed during the day which is always good...whenever you can is really when id say!
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Like you, I am NOT going to exercise in the morning. Could I? Sure. Will I keep doing it after the first week? No way! I always exercise after 7 PM and mostly after 9:30 PM. That's what I like and that is what I keep up with.

When I started exercising I hated it. Now when 9 o'clock rolls around I am ready to go. I LOVE exercise now!

Do what you are going to stick with.
  • freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I workout at lunch and at night since I don't like doing it in the morning. If I workout in the morning, i am hungry all day and I eat more. Just try different times and see what you like. As long as you workout it won't really matter when it happens.
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Whenever you can!! The more out of the way you go the more likely you are to give it up. I exercise at night right now. My only suggestion is to eat at least an hour before because you might feel uncomfortable if not.